12

"But what if I love a prince instead?"

"Stop being foolish, Daniel," my mother's voice now went softer, almost disbelieving. "I am not being foolish.. This is who I am," I defended. My voice also went softer with the words, despite my defensiveness to the statement.

"Yes, you are being foolish. If you were not, the throne would be taken away from you. You do not want that, Daniel," my father spoke once again. "I do want that! I don't want to rule!" I started shouting once more. My father and mother shared a look before my father imparted his input again.

"Go to your room, Daniel," he demanded sternly. "How about I just leave again? I'm sure you want that right now," I almost rolled my eyes out of annoyance.

"No. You are not to go to Ocares again, Daniel. Phillip seems to have influenced this upon you. You are not to see him," my heart nearly stopped when the words rolled from my father's tongue. "What?"

"You are not to see him ever again. Now go to your room." It seemed impossible to talk my father out of. It was late and I was tired of arguing. I turned on my heels, leaving the room and going quickly to my room. I got there, shutting my door behind me and finally letting out the heavy breaths of air I had held in when my father spoke his decision.

I continued to breathe deep, heavy breaths as I looked up at the ceiling, trying to register the events of the night in my head. So much had happened that it seemed unreal. I could not just never see Phil again, especially after our conversation earlier. I also did not want to disappoint my parents either, but if I wanted to be with Phil, it had to happen.

I had to see him again.

A/N:

Honestly, I think there might be only a few chapters left. There will be probably 6 more at the least. Maybe a couple more than that if I can spread out my ideas. This ending is going to be good! I'm so excited to get to it! Feel free to comment your predictions on how it's going to end. I would love to see what you guys think! 

Thank you all for reading!

xx Megan