16

The week went by surprisingly quick despite that thought in the back of my head. Though, there was a lot going on to distract me from it. There was a lot of last minute preparations for the wedding. I had my suit tailored, we picked a cake, we picked other foods for the reception, and a lot of other things.

Finally, it was the wedding day. The wedding was being held in the castle courtyard, so Evelina and I were in separate rooms in the castle. I looked at myself in the mirror, eyes roaming to look at the suit I wore. This seemed unusual for some reason. I couldn't figure out why everything seemed so wrong lately.

Phil's POV

I arrived at Theoron at dawn to see that Dan was not there. I got off of my horse, sitting on the ground under a tree. He probably had yet to find a chance to sneak out. I could wait for him. I could wait forever for him if that's what it took.

It seemed like forever that I waited. It was hours that I sat in the shady area under that tree, simply waiting. After a few hours, I grew wary. I didn't think that he was going to show up. I knew that he wouldn't just bail on this though. Something had to be wrong.

I climbed back on my horse, leaving Theoron and moving in the direction of Alaeni. As we got closer to Alaeni, I made the horse speed up its pace, anxious to get to Dan. When we finally got there, I saw many carriages within the gates of the castle. I stopped the horse before I got too close, not wanting the guards to see me. I was sure that the guards were informed to not let me in.

What could be going on that caused so many people to be at the kingdom? That's when it dawned on me.

Dan was getting married today.

A/N:

Ah, look at that! We got Philly's point of view in there!

Only a few more chapters! The next will be up tomorrow!

Thanks for reading!

xx Megan