8

After our meeting at Theoron, I only longed to see him more, but every time we planned to meet, my parents interrupted with sudden dinner plans. Just perfect. My perfect parents with their perfect dinner plans with perfect royal families who had perfect daughters that would make for a perfect marriage. Perfect. It was exhausting, especially having to pretend that I have a slight concern about the girl sat directly in front of me or even her family at all.

This time was the last straw.

I stood along with my parents as they greeted the Royal Family of Acoasa. The princess smiled at me and I had to put on my best fake smile to act like I was even interested. I may not have been happy about meeting another princess, but I was definitely not going to be rude to a girl whom I have never met. Soon enough, my parents led them inside and I followed along. We got to the dining area and were seated at the table. My mother made sure that I was sat in front of the princess unsurprisingly.

The dinner was going along fine until I noticed the princess looking at me, or well, should I say staring. I ignored her eyes on me as I continued to disregard everyone around me. It wasn't long after that dinner was over and my parents were escorting the family out. I went to my room, awaiting my parents to come in to tell me she was perfect as normal.

Just like I suspected, my mother came to the doorway of my room, looking at me as I sat upon my bed. "Let me guess, she's perfect?" I spoke. My mother sighed, "Daniel, your father and I have spoken about this and we have agreed that you are to marry her."

I rose to my feet quickly. "What? I thought it was my choice," I talked loudly. "Daniel, son, calm down. We have been generous with allowing this to be your choice, but you and I both know that you're never going to pick a woman to marry. You're the type of person that will defy this as long as you can. Your father and I have decided that we would rather get this out of the way now than have to wait a few months to be in the same position we are now," she explained.

"No, no, you told me this was my choice. You told me. This was supposed to be up to me," I got louder. "Daniel, please. It's over. You are to marry her and that's final," I rolled my eyes and pushed past her after she said it. "Come back here, Daniel," my mother called out. I ignored her, walking down the corridor. I went toward one of the exits, determined to get away from this entire kingdom for a while. I went to the stables, finding my horse and pulling her out of the stable after tacking her up. I led her over the gate where I then opened it and led her out of it before closing it back. I climbed up onto the horse, taking a seat on the saddle upon her back.

I led her quickly down the path in the direction of the Kingdom of Ocares.

A/N:
Okay, yeah. It's been a year. I'm sorry. I'm really determined to finish this story this summer though. I know how I want it to end, just got to figure out the details in between. This may end up being a shorter book than I intended.
Love you guys!
Thanks for reading!
xx Megan