14

I left Ocares and headed quickly back to the kingdom of Alaeni. I sneaked back in through the side gate once I got back. I quietly put my horse back in the stable, then walked to the castle entrance. I went in, trying to be silent with my movements. I got to my room, and as soon as I opened the door, I spotted my father looking out of the window and my mother sitting on my bed. My father turned to look at me as he heard the door open.

"Enlighten me. I told you that you could no longer see Phillip, only for you to disobey me by going of in the middle of the night to see him," he spoke angrily. "I'm sorry.. It will never happen again," I let out the words so softly that it was almost whispered.

"Oh, I know that it will never happen again because you are not to leave this castle until you are married to Princess Evelina. No, even longer than that, seeing as the wedding is in exactly a week," my father ranted on, frustration clearly written on his face. I heard everything, but my brain mostly focused on 'in exactly a week'. That was when I was supposed to meet Phil.

"No, no, I won't sneak out again to see him. Please. I won't do it again, I promise," I pleaded, knowing that my only chance of getting to meet Phil at Theoron in a week would be begging my dad to not lock me in the castle. "There's no promises to be made. You are not leaving this castle, and that is the last of you arguing about it, Daniel," he huffed out before walking to the door. He looked at my mother, and she got up, giving me a sad look before walking out. My father shut the door. Just after he shut the door, I heard a loud clicking sort of sound that could only be a lock on the door.

I let out deep, defeated breath of air and fell back onto my bed, covering my face with my hands. My parents ruined it. They ruined the one chance Phil and I had. It was all over..

A/N:

I already have the rest of the book wrote out. Unfortunately, I'm not going to post all those chapters together. I have to give you some suspense there. ;)

I'm going to try to have the last chapter up on my birthday which is 4 days away, so you're probably gonna get more than one chapter a day.

Thanks for reading!

xx Megan