3

"Daniel!" I heard my father call for me, making me sigh. I exited the dining room and went down one of the many dimly lit, stone hallways. It's surprising how I've managed to memorize my way around every single twist and turn of this gigantic castle. Though, I have lived in it for all of my life. 18 years, that happens to be. The exit of the castle was not too far from the dining area, so I got there in a matter of seconds. I stepped out of the large doorway, greeted by the dull sky as the sun was setting. A horse-pulled carriage was just meters away. Beside it stood the Royal Family of Ocares. I looked at them and internally sighed in relief as I saw there was no princess in the family. One boy as well as an older man and woman, who I correctly assumed were the King and Queen of Ocares, were the members of the family. As my mother and father greeted the adults, I stood behind quite awkwardly, saying nothing and looking at the ground as I kicked it with my feet, which resulted in nothing but a small pebble rolling away. When I looked up, I saw the boy staring at me. I noticed that the boy and myself had a similar haircut, only slightly different.

"This is Prince Daniel," I heard, sparking my attention as I looked over to the adults whose eyes were on me. "Uh, hello," I greeted awkwardly and quietly. "This is Prince Philip," The King of Ocares introduced, making me look over and fit the name with his look.

Time rolled around and soon, we were sitting around the large table in the dining area. The adults were carrying on a conversation about something that happened in the Kingdom of Cadaliria. I wasn't paying much attention to the topic, but more on the looks that Philip and I continued to share from across the table. It was starting to get frustrating, sitting there with a bored stare upon my face only to look up and find Philip looking at me. "May I be excused?" I interrupted suddenly, hoping that I could leave soon. "Of course. How about you take Philip with you and show him around? I'm sure you two could find a lot of things to talk about, dear," My mother spoke in a sweet tone. I scooted out the chair and stood up with Philip doing the same action a few seconds afterward. We exited the room into one of the long corridors. As soon as we were far enough away for them to hear us, I spoke up, "Do you have any idea what they were talking about? Because I have no clue."

"Something about someone somewhere," He told me with a laugh, causing a smile to break out across my face. "I would have never guessed," I retorted, also with a short laugh.

[The chapter would have been longer, but I need to go to sleep. I'm really happy with this so yeah.]