18

"Stop!"

Everyone turned to me and I faltered. This was gonna be hard. Then I saw Dan look at me and I gained the courage to speak again.

"Dan, you can't marry her," I started and I saw Dan's father get up. He started to walk over to me. "You need to leave," he forced out lowly. "No, he cannot marry her. He doesn't want to. You're his father. You're supposed to support him, not force him to marry someone he doesn't love," I went on.

"Leave or I will have you escorted out using force," his father spoke again. I ignored him, walking past him and walking toward Dan. I heard Dan's father shout for the guards as I walked toward Dan. "Dan, you can't do this," I pleaded. He looked confused at me, "Why can I not? I love her."

"No, you don't, Dan. You don't love her. They've done something to you. You don't love her," I rambled, putting my hand on the side of his face. He pushed my hand away, looking even more confused now. "I don't know who you are, but I love her, and I am going to marry her," he admitted.

He didn't remember me? They made him forget somehow. They made him think he loved her, that princess who I'm sure craves the royalty that Dan does not. How was I supposed to make him remember? How could I possibly fix this mess? I had to hurry and try something before I was forced out and Dan was left to get married to that girl.

I quickly put my hand on the back of his head, pulling him close and kissing him, not worrying that there were people watching. I wasn't ashamed to kiss this man that I loved so very much. When I pulled away, it seemed as if life returned back to Dan's eyes. He still look confused, but at the same time, happy. He looked around before looking at me again, "Phil? What's going on?"

I smiled, "I'll explain later. We have to get out of here now though." I grabbed his hand and started to lead him down the walkway, but I saw guards at the courtyard entrance. "There's another exit this way," Dan whispered before rushingly leading me to another entrance into the castle.

We were running through the long corridors to get the the castle exit before any guards could catch us. We got to the one I had entered through, and we continued to rush as we got to the side gate. We slowed after I led him into the woods where we horse was still tied. We were both out of breath, but we looked at each other and both laughed lightly.

"I love you," he spoke after he stopped laughing. I smiled in return, putting my hand on his side and pulling him closer. "I love you too," I said just before I pulled him in for another kiss. We both pulled away not too long later.

I untied my horse and climbed up onto it. I held my hand out for Dan.

"Come on. We still have some running to do."

A/N:
Ahh! Two more chapters to go!
Both will be posted tomorrow!

xx Megan