carnival

I smiled at Gamzee and Karkat, and slid into the booth beside Karkat. "Hey Gamzee, hey katkat." I said smiling once again. I was glad I was with them... Them inviting me to hang out with them, shows me that they weren't just pitying me about being friends with me. They were serious.

"...Katkat?" Karkat said dumfounded. I nodded proudly. "That's not even shorter than 'Karkat'" he said in a confused way. "Well... Does it annoy you?" I asked looking into Karkats dark brown eyes. He nodded, "Yeah, a little." He replied. "Well..." I said, straightening my back. "...then its doing it's job." I said giving him a playful smile.

After sometime passed, me, Karkat, and Gamzee finished our drinks, and were walking to the near by fair grounds, because the carnival was in town.

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be in school or whatever?" Karkat said trying to start a conversation. I looked down, sort of ashamed that i had to drop out of school because of school because of my mental state.

"Oh, uhm... I don't go to school anymore." I answered looking at my feet, memories of my school days flooding into my mind. "I dropped out." I said, finishing my sentence.

"Oh... If you don't mind me, asking... Why did you drop out?" He asked, becoming a bit calmer, obviously noticing that this is a sensitive subject for me.

"Oh, I had to drop out because of my mental stability. I couldn't focus, and I was distracting other students with outbursts I had. So, I figured, since I wasn't learning, and I kept other people from learning, there was no purpose for me to be in school." I explained.

Karkat nodded understandingly, while Gamzee caught me off guard, giving me a huge hug, and burying his head into my neck, which, considering our height difference, I'm sure looked pretty funny.

"I'm sorry, sis." He mumbled, his warm breath tickling my neck. He suddenly opens his eyes, and pulls me back holding onto me shoulders, looking me in the eyes. "I'm going to take you on all of the rides!" He exclaimed, very excited.

After the three of us got our wristbands, he pulled me through the gates of the cotton candy scented domain. "OKAY THEN. ILL SEE YOU GUYS LATER, I GUESS" karkat yelled from behind us. "Sorry katkat, I'll look for you after he calms down!" I yelled back. I was pretty certain that I heard him yell something else, but Gamzee had already pulled me onto a rollercoaster.

Right now, I'm not sure whether I should be afraid of Gamzee, or think his excitement is adorable.

Gamzees POV

Man, she's adorable. I hope she likes all of the rides I'm going to take her on. Its sad to think that her background is so harsh... But I will do everything I can to make sure she gets the future she deserves.