wow im finally updating

A/n: I'm so sorry this took so long omg. School is the worst. But good news is I finally have better internet so it shouldn't take me 2 or 3 months to update anymore. I'm sorry this is so short BTW, its more of just a filler whoops

"Well.. I came here to try and give my daughter important news, but I see she's more interested in inviting boys into her house. These are boys, right? They look like freaks." He snarled towards me.

"Dad, please. Its not what you think. These are my friends." I tried to ease him into the subject that a pair of aliens were staying with me.

"ITS NOT WHAT I THINK?? Y/N, HOW COULD THIS POSSIBLY MAKE ANY SENSE??" he yelled at me, losing his temper. Karkat and Gamzee were just awkwardly standing to the side. I couldn't tell if they were mad or upset or anything. They seemed like they were just waiting for this to be over.

"Dad, I know that this seems super weird, and it is, but please calm down and we can talk about this." I said. I was upset, but I was trying to keep my cool. If I got upset, then he would get even angrier, and he would definitely tell someone about them. I can't lose my only friends.

Surprisingly, he didn't yell. He sighed. A deep, exasperated sigh. "Fine. Let's talk." Is all he said, as he sat down at the kitchen table.

Time skip

After 48 minutes of explaining, yelling, and begging, my dad finally grasps the fact that these two are my friends, alien or not.

He's not happy about it, but he's agreed to not tell anyone about this besides mom, and he said they can stay, but he has to meet the rest of them. Meaning the 10 other trolls, plus 4 kids. Wow. That'll go over well.

"Anyways, (y/n), I came to give you some news.." He said solemnly, moving from the topic of space aliens coming to Earth. I looked at him questioningly, and he shooed Gamzee and Karkat away, indicating that he wanted us to have some privacy. This must be pretty serious. He's never had a problem with discussing sensitive matters in front of people he barely knows.

"It's.. Your mother. She's sick. I just came back to get you. We have to go to the hospital. Now."

I just stared at him, tears forming in my eyes.