CHAPTER 13

♡♢♤♧

CHAPTER 13

Spook 13 - The 4pm bookstacks P.3

"I'll take you to my Yorishiro." Tsuchigomori said.

Hanako and Kou looked at him. "ALL RIGHT! Then we're off to destroy Tsuchigomori's Yorishiro! Let's gooo!" Hanako cheered.

"Yeah, let's go!!" Kou cheered with Hanako.

The two began running for the tunnel, only to be stopped by Tsuchigomori.

"Hold it.." Tsuchigomori picked up the two boys by their clothes. "You boys are staying right here.The only one allowed past this point.." Tsuchigomori pointed in the direction (Y/n). "Is the kannagi girl who's going to destroy the Yorishiro."

(Y/n) looked at him. "Kannagi?" she asked.

"It means you're my assistant." Hanako floated over to (Y/n) and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"GIMME A BREAK SPIDER FACE! I CAN'T LET (Y/N)-CHAN GO ALONE! IT'S TOO DANGEROUS!" Kou yelled.

Tsuchigomori picked up Kou by the back of his shirt and placed a hand over his mouth. "Well? What do you say, honorable number 7? Or can't you trust me?"

At this point Hanako was wrapped around (Y/n). He looked at Tsuchigomori then down at (Y/n). "All right." Hanako said. He pushed (Y/n) towards Tsuchigomori. "(Y/n).. Well, see you."

(Y/n) looked at Hanako as she stood by Tsuchigomori. "Take good care of my assistant.. Tsuchigomori-sensei."

The entrance closed. (Y/n) stared at the entrance.

"This way." She heard Tsuchigomori's voice.

She followed behind Tsuchigomori in a quiet manner. 'This place is like a cave.. It's really pretty.' She thought.

munch* munch*

She looked to the ground to see a black spider looking creature. "These things remind me of mokke.." She reached to touch the creature only for her wrist to be grabbed.

"Refrain from touching things you don't have to." Tsuchigomori told her.

She nodded, 'This is awkward..'

"So.. how is he?"

"Huh?"

"Number 7. I guess what I'm wondering is.. Are things working out with him?" He asked.

"He's mean to Yashiro-senpai, and he's very misleading sometimes.. He gets into fights with Kou-kun. There are so many times where Yashiro-senpai is just like, 'ugh!' but.." (Y/n) smiled. "He always protects me. And he's surprisingly nice sometimes. So I can't hate him. He's amazing at many things. He even comforted me before. I think of him as a friend!" She finished.

Tsuchigomori looked at her. "I see.. Well, that's good then."

'Is he worried about him.?' (Y/n) thought. "Um, Sensei.. I have a question.."

"What is it?"

"The things written in the 4pm bookstacks books. Can they be changed.?" (Y/n) asked.

"Unfortunately it is fundamentally impossible to alter the future. As the curator, it's possible for me to change it. But the rule is- if the curator alters the future, they will be erased.. So I don't wanna." He answered. "But.. I have seen it, twice."

"Seen what?" (Y/n) asked.

"A moment when the future was changed." They were now in front of a door. "So if you're wishing for a better future then I hope your wish comes true. But I won't help you." Tsuchigomori opened the door. "We're here."

The room had broken desks on the sides, rubble was all around. But in the center were jewels and crystals.

"WHOOOAA!!" (Y/n) gasped. "Is this the innermost reaches!?" She asked. "The jewels are so pretty.!" She turned to where Tsuchigomori was. "Are any of these yours.?"

"Nope." Tsuchigomori was rummaging through a desk. "This is it" He set a moon rock on the desk.

"Is that really your most precious possession.? It's just a rock."

"Well, you could say that. The objects chosen to be Yorishiro are ones with the strongest feelings connected to them, after all."

"Was it a gift from your beloved..?" (Y/n) asked.

"Nothing of the sort." Tsuchigomori said. "It is technically a gift.. But it's former owner was a guy."

(Y/n) was shocked by this. "Wait.. sensei does that mean.. You're interested in-"

"I dare you to finish that sentence. I'll make you never wish you'd ever been born." Tsuchigomori told her. He sat in a chair. "I told you there were two people who changed their future written in their book, remember? This one was from him. Of course I still don't know why the future changed. But at the same time I was just so surprised.. And now this rock is my Yorishiro."

"Is this a moon rock..?" (Y/n) asked.

"It is.."

"Is it fake.?"

"No... It's real.." He sighed. "Did you know when it was that humankind first made it to the moon? I received that rock the day after that historic event."

"The day after.. So was he an astronaut..?"

"As if. That doesn't even make sense! He was just a regular human being. He liked the stars.. And he had a harder time expressing himself than most. His grades were on the not-so-good side." He sighed. "She was there for him though.." He looked over to (Y/n). "Now, you know how to destroy the Yorishiro, right? All you have to do is pull that seal off."

(Y/n) looked at the moon rock. "So how did their future change.?" (Y/n) asked.

"Who can say..? Just get it over with. If I stay here too long, I think I might say too much."

(Y/n) looked at the moon rock. She pulled off the Yorishiro. The rock cracked and broke.

♡♢♤♧

"It is now 5:30. Will the children playing outside please carefully make your way back home."

The school was emptying. Kids were going home. Kids were outside playing. It was the year 1969.

In classroom 2-2 was a teacher and their student.

"I've told you a dozen times.. I just want to help as your teacher. So.. don't look at me like that.." The teacher said while cleaning the wounds on the boy's arm. "Yugi.."

Yugi stared out the window.

"This happens every single day.. Don't you think it's about time you told me who's behind this?" the teacher asked.

Yugi looked down and fiddled with his fingers.

"Cat got your tongue again? You've been like this since your first year here.. You're covered in cuts and bruises that never go away, You have only one friend, and you skip class. Are you listening to me? Amane Yugi!"

Amane looked away from the teacher. "Get off my back, Tsuchigomori-sensei."

"You little.." Tsuchigomori said. "Look, kid.. I'm worried about you."

Amane looked at the bandages on his arm. "Worried? About this? It's totally fine. Not a problem."

Tsuchigomori grabbed onto his shoulders. "It is a problem.. Just what kind of reason could justify hurting someone this bad-"

"I'M FINE!" Amane shot up from the seat. "Even if no one else would ever forgive it.. Even if there's no reason that would justify it. I forgive it."

(( Edited 3/21/22 )) (( How was your day/night? ))