CHAPTER 17

♡♢♤♧

CHAPTER 17

Spook 17 - the little mermaid P.2

With Yashiro and Hanako

Yashiro was falling in the puddle.

"Now come, our princess!" a fish said. "Forsake all and become part of our world!"

"N-no!" Yashiro was now in her fish form. 'I turned into a fish!'

"Do you understand? You are thoughtless, my lady. Your legs are fat. You have no taste in males. You are truly an overwhelming failure in the matters of love!!"

Yashiro was still in shock. "I-I-I-I-I-I-I-- I am not.."

"You poor thing. Surely you were aware of this, somewhere deep down? You knew that, at the rate you were going... you would never have a boyfriend. There, there. It's nothing to be troubled over now." the fish had a fish shaped bottle. "You were merely born into the wrong world. The dried up world of the near shore, and those two ghastly legs. If you were to throw them all away and do us the honor of coming to our world." the fish offered. "You would reign as queen! In a world, you would be popular!"

"I'd be.. popular?" Yashiro asked.

"Yes!" The fish took off the cap on the fish shaped bottle. "Now, please take the great mermaid's lifeblood."

Yashiro opened her mouth to welcome the blood.

"Don't.." Yashiro was scooped up by a fish net.

"Your world may be kind to her.. This one may be cruel.. But it doesn't matter.." Hanako said. He was now holding Yashiro. "Because Yashiro likes me."

"H-hanako-kun." Yashiro teared up.

Hanako smiled at the girl.

"S-school mystery!"

"Let my lady go!!"

"Come on." Hanako set Yashiro down and looked at the fish. "We can't have this kind of behavior. Didn't your master teach you not to take things that don't belong to you?" Hanako pointed his knife at the fish. "If you get too full of yourselves.. I'll turn you into sashimi. Got it?"

"EEEEEK! Master!!"

"Ack! You cowards!! Grr how vexing. Cofound you, school mystery! We will never give up! My lady! Until we meet again!" The fish jumped into the water and left.

"Bye-Byeee!" Hanako waved.

Yashiro looked over at Hanako. "Hanako-kun.. Where's (Y/n)-chan..?"

"I don't know.." He looked down.

"Is she ok?.. Do you know?" Yashiro asked.

"She'll be fine.. She's strong.. She can handle herself.." He said to Yashiro.

♡♢♤♧

The broadcasting room was quiet at the moment. Earlier Tsukasa had brought in an old friend who was sleeping. Now he was nowhere to be seen in the room.

"Was that really a good idea?" Natsuhiko said. "Letting the runt go off and do whatever he wants."

"It's fine. If I'd tried to stop him, he wouldn't have listened anyway." Sakura said. Not even bothering to look up from her book.

"But if they find out we're the ones changing the rumors.. The four of them.. Might come after us, right?"

"When that happens.." she closed her book. "You'll protect me, won't you? Natsuhiko?"

Natsuhiko grabbed her hand. "But of course! My la-" He got smacked by the book she was reading. "-dy!!?"

"Don't touch me."

"Yes, ma'am.. I'm sorry.."

Black smoke swirled in the room. "I'm back..~" Tsukasa stepped out.

Sakura turned to look at him. "You're still in that unusual outfit.."

"Yeah, well.." a black wisp circled around him. "I mean, I was seeing Amane for the first time in ages!"

"So you specifically wore that to match your big brother?"

Tsukasa was now in a different outfit. "Yup." He smiled. "He looked so happy to see me! You already know that (Y/n)-chan was there! But I can't move around that well yet. Amane's other assistant chased me off. And guess what! There were fish! Fish. I wonder what talking fish are like on the inside. Doesn't it make you curious? I'm super curious." Tsukasa floated over to Sakura. "Sooo- are you? Come on, tell me! You're curious, aren't you? Tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me!"

"LET GO OF HER!" Natsuhiko grabbed Tsukasa from clinging onto Sakura. "Come on, let's just get those rumors going.."

"AH HA HA!" Tsukasa floated over to a radio. "Okay, Sakura what rumor should we spread today.?"

Sakura held earphones on her ears. "Let me think.."

In the corner of the room fish were watching. "We've found him! The specter on the roof the other day!! The school mystery seemed wary of this one. If we can get him to join our side then maybe we can cross swords with the knave! All for my lady!" the fish cheered. 'Still.. Why is his face identical to that accursed school mystery? And what is he doing here? He said something about spreading rumors..?' The fish began thinking. 'Our master told us the rumors of near-shore supernaturals have been in disarray of late. Could it be they are--?'

"Hey." Natsuhiko picked up the fish. "What are you?"

"Unhand me! I am of the high and noble water people!"

"And it's talking.. My lady, I think we've been spotted. By this fishy thing."

Tsukasa looked over. "Fish!" He grabbed a pen.

"It's not really a problem. Let it go."

"As you wish!" Natsuhiko was about to drop the fish. Tsukasa grabbed the fish from his hands.

"C-c-cease and desist! Do not treat me so violently!" the fish said.

"Ah-ha! It's talking! A talking fish.." Tsukasa turned to Sakura, and Natsuhiko. "What do you think it's like on the inside?" Tsukasa was smiling one of his nerve-chilling smiles.

"Don't kill it." Sakura said.

"Oh, don't worry!" He twirled the pen and lifted it up to stab the fish. "I'm just gonna take a little peek!" Tsukasa stabbed the fish.

"I told you not to do that.." Sakura sighed.

"Hey Sakura, do you think (Y/n) would like some sushi.?" Tsukasa asked the girl.

"I don't know Tsukasa.."

"If I were her I'd never like sushi again.." Natsuhiko said in disgust.

"But you aren't her, you don't even know her.." Tsukasa said as he looked at Natsuhiko. "So keep your mouth shut.."

"I wouldn't mention anything about her when near him.." Sakura said to Natsuhiko.

"Hmm.? Why..?"

"He knew her before he died. He likes her.. A lot.." Sakura answered. 

((SORRY FOR ANOTHER SHORT CHAPTER))