❤︎45❤︎

♡♢♤♧

CHAPTER 45

Spook 45 - Daydream P.5

"If you want to go back, your friends must die. See?"

"Oh those ghosts, back at it again." Natsuhiko sighed. "Speaking of which, dear what exactly is this place? She said it's a fictional world." He asked Sakura.

She closed her book. "We are inside number 4's painting."

School mystery

Shijima Mei

She can create worlds that reflect people's wishes

Once you're drawn into her world, that's it

Unless you do what she says,

You cannot return to the old world

Ever again.

"But, how can she do that? Telling them how to return to the old world with that happy look on her face. She doesn't really plan on letting them go." Natsuhiko looked at Shijima Mei.

"Even so.. It's not really a problem. She was never that strong or terrible of a spirit in the first place, however. Those three are good kids, I doubt they'll be able to leave here very easily." Sakura said.

"Either way, being inside this picture forever wouldn't be so bad would it?" Natsuhiko placed his hands on the back of his head. "It's some kind of happiness at least."

Sakura looked at Natsuhiko. "Sure.." She stood next to him. "It's better this way I suppose."

♡♢♤♧

"We have to kill them?" Yashiro asked.

"What does that mean..?" Kou muttered.

"Kill.. Amane?" (Y/n) was on the verge of crying.

"Just that! I mean just what I said of course! Strangle them, stab them with a knife, beat them with a blunt object, push them off a tall building." Shijima counted off. "Anyway you'd like!"

"What are you saying!?" Kou yelled. "Why would we need to do that to go back to the real world!?"

"Hm? You three already know, don't you? That this place is fake, it's a fictional world!" Shijima said. "You appear to be a bit confused, so allow me to explain it in more detail!" She then began drawing in a notebook. "Please observe, this is a fictional world, which is separate from reality. It is contained within a picture drawn by Shijima Mei, I invite someone into the world I have painted because that is the kind of spirit that Shijima Mei is." She explained.

"We're inside a picture!?" Yashiro yelled.

"Yes! Can you believe it? But you seem to have come here because you are sensing that something is out of place?"

The three remembered the ghosts who were now supposingly 'humans'.

"Now, whether it be novels or pictures in any work of fiction, the main character plays the most crucial role because that is who the creator is building the world upon. A world without it's main character cannot exist. It collapses, it's a delicate thing, you see.. Fiction." Shijima looked at the three, her bright eyes were now dark and dead. "So you understand me now, don't you? This world is drawn by Shijima Mei, and the main characters are Yugi Amane and Mitsuba Sousuke. If you kill those two, this world will be destroyed, and you three can return to the real world. That is that kind of story, and I am that kind of spirit."