Untold Tragedy

The following morning Casper awoke out of a deep sleep, he looked at his alarm and realized it wouldn't go off until another three minutes; he turned it off anyway and jumped out of bed eager to start his day. Although it was the weekend, he had a lot on his mind and a lot of work to do, at some point he wondered to himself if he is really willing to send his father to prison but then again Sakamoto had no intentions of putting an end to his crimes even though he was already rich and had everything a man could wish for, maybe he was in love with the action after all that's just the way some people are.

Casper got out of bed even before his mother; he brewed a pot of coffee and poured himself a hot steamy cup. As he thought about what his Saturday would be like he opened the front door and took a walk out in the yard, to his surprise he saw a bright red range rover in his garage.

"What the hell is dad doing here, when did he,,," he said aloud to himself as he figured his father came home while he was sleeping. Had Katherine forgiven her husband for his sins, did she accept him for who he was, or had he finally agreed to leave the life behind? All questions Cas had been asking himself. He went back inside when he had finished drinking his coffee and by this time his parents were awake and greeted him in the kitchen.

"Good morning, so.. what the hell?" Casper said as he placed his coffee mug in the sink

"Honey.." Kat began to say, however her husband interrupted her and said "Casper, listen, I spoke to your mother but it's time I speak to you as well; I am going to leave the kingship. I know you both may never understand why I made certain choices in life but at this point I rather have my family than power"

Casper slightly tilted his head and made a humming sound as he thought to himself how he saw his father the night before examining drugs and by this morning he was ready to be a new man, what game was he playing?

"hmm, so your just gonna leave the kingship, and they're just going to let you walk?" he asked

"When you've been in the game as long as I have and set as many foundations to greatness, you get to make a once in a lifetime choice like this" Sakamoto said.

"Okay, so what about Red Dragon? You didn't think I knew about that huh.. and you made Jasper Wong your business partner? What's that all about?"

Sakamoto sighed and responded "Mr. Wong persuaded me to let him be my business partner and that way he could take my position at the table of the kingship while I just focus on running the legitimate part of the business and focus on my family"

Katherine looked at him and added "But then the company would still be mixed up in all of this"

"I know, but that's the best I can do right now until I find a way to cut off the company from the Kingship permanently, it's a small step but it's something"

Casper looked at his father and although he was angry at him he had compassion, if Casper was anything he was understanding and he understood that being that deep in something like the criminal underworld; getting out wouldn't be a swift process.

"Okay" he said "Welcome home dad"

"Thanks son" Sakamoto said, as Katherine smiled at Cas and gave him a rub on his arm, in the midst of all the adversity she felt like it was a chance for her husband and son to strengthen their relationship. The Lee's were together again and spent the morning together doing their usual Saturday chores and a little family Tv in between. When midday came everyone was pretty beat, Casper went up to his room and used his bathroom to take a shower. When he came out he texted Drew to let him know he was coming by and texted Cipher to come along too, he wanted to give his friends the latest news. To his surprise when he stepped out of the shower he saw Penelope on his bed.