We're Even

Meanwhile, as the police prepared themselves to raid what they recently discovered was registered as a storage unit for Dragon Spirit Trucking, Leanne asked Lucius Wetherbee to tag along on the raid. Reluctantly he agreed, deciding he could use as much manpower as possible to go up against The Shadows again. When they arrived, Cipher had left but Penelope remained underground silently listening as thirty boots trampled the ground above her. She listened in through hidden microphones as Lucius displayed his frustration. He had hoped to have found her there. Penny's grin was soon wiped away as she heard the discreet alert to Lucius by one of the officers. He turned and called for Leanne who then approached him being nervous as she would.

"Why is there a record of you making a call to a number registered to Dragon Spirit Trucking?"

"Uhm.."

"You know what, don't answer that... since you're working with The Shadows your employment will be under review. There's someone who you should meet, hand over your weapon officer."

"But sir!" Leanne yelled as she found her voice, immediately wondering if she made the right choice by warning Penelope of the raid. "Meet who?" she went on.

Lucius then called for the same officer who came to him before and ordered him to take Leanne to the spot. Confiscating her weapon, the police captain sent her away. Penny listened as she struggled to stay hidden, sensing something wasn't right, but she had to remain still until the police cleared out and by then there was no trace as to where that officer had taken Leanne.

They arrived at the destination and Leanne exited the vehicle. She stared at the building as it was one of the many abandoned locations downtown.

"What the hell are we doing here?" she asked the officer. Instead of replying, he drew his gun and pointed it at her urging her to shut up and get inside. Leanne, frightened, began walking. They came upon this long corridor as they entered the building and proceeded up a flight of old creaky stairs; the dust twirled in the wind with a whistle. Finally, the two officers entered a room where Leanne would supposedly meet her fate.

"Good day officer," the woman said to her.

"Hello"

"I understand you've been playing on both sides of the fence. Let me be clear... My name is Kasdeya, you have two choices before you; you can either join me in my quest to bring New York to its knees or you can die here and now."

Leanne's eyes were peeled wide open, confused as she looked at the slender dark-skinned woman and looked at the officer beside her.

I guess he chose to live – She thought to herself.

"Miss, I-I-I don't know what you're asking..."

"Hmph!" the formidable woman exclaimed with a shake of the head, "I can see she won't be of any use to us, kill her," she said to the man in the room.

He swallowed spit, as sweat protruded from his pores and placed the gun to Leanne's head.

"I'm sorry," he said

She clenched her teeth and closed her eyes tightly, but as he was about to pull the trigger, she heard the gun fall to the floor. He was wheezing, gasping for air and holding onto his neck. Kasdeya was frightened and Leanne stood watching as blood ran down his cold fingers. A throwing star had been lodged into his throat, hanging on snuggly to his windpipe.

The silent steps of the one who brought him to his knees were approaching the room. Fear shook Leanne to the core as she looked upon the vigilante known as Ghost standing before her. Intimidated by the sound of his voice altered by the infamous voice changer around his neck, she hid behind the chair.