The Tail of the Dragon

BEEP BEEP BEEP! The sound of his alarm penetrated his eardrums, Cas rolled over on his bed and covered his ears with his pillow for a few seconds but the alarm went on forever... BEEP BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEEP BEEP! "Oh shut up! Fine I'm awake" he said as he got up and hit the dismiss button. He had a long night before, taking down a few drug dealers selling crack to kids, trying to tame his demons he spilled a little blood but kept his victims alive and tied up nicely for the police to find them. "Ugh" he groaned as he entered the kitchen.

"Rough night?" his mother asked.

"Good Morning, something like that..." he replied

"I can't imagine how the other guy looks right now"

"Guys actually... five of 'em, drug dealers"

Katherine chuckled and poured him a cup of their favorite coffee and told him to help himself to breakfast as she was leaving for her shop, and just like clockwork on a busy Monday morning he got ready for work and climbed into his father's Range Rover to accomplish another day as the company's CEO. When he arrived, memories of his lost love flashed in his mind, exhausting all the resources he had to find her was getting tiring and he thought that maybe she just doesn't wish to be found. Penelope had everyone fooled, and most people still didn't know she played a part in the very thing that brought New York to its knees.

"Crap.. How could I forget" Cas asked himself as he realized he still didn't tell his friends everything after all. As he sat in his big office chair he tried calling Drew, unfortunately, his phone went straight to voicemail. "Hey brother, meet up later? I have to tell you guys something about Penelope, I'll tell Cipher to meet us at your place around 7".

"Penelope Shanae? Is she back?" an unexpected question, Casper spun around in his chair as he saw Sophie standing before him, she walked in at what people would have called a bad timing.

"Oh! Sophie.. uh... no, no" Casper said in shock "Penelope is an old childhood friend, just something insignificant I had to tell one of our... mutual friends, I guess"

"..Okay" she replied, "Anyway sir, did you finish reviewing the quarterly union's requests for your meeting this morning?" Casper looked up at her with his eyes wide open, it was his original intention to review the requests of the employee union over the weekend but after everything that took place with the Kingship and Tammy getting kidnapped, it slipped his mind.

"So I guess that means no" Sophie said with a deep sigh that followed.

"No... That most certainly does not mean no, I reviewed them Sophie" He said

"Well good! The union meets in an hour and you should be there to address these matters"

"Got it, Sophie, thanks"

What was he thinking, how could he possibly pull off this meeting? Casper spent the next hour trying to cram hundreds of complaints and suggestions into his brain, as the hour of 9 approached he knew he had to do something to not let his staff down. The meeting was held in the conference room that he was introduced to on his first day at the job all those months ago, as he entered he was about five minutes late and he walked pass employees seated on both sides while approaching the rostrum.

"Good Morning everyone" Casper started off by saying, "I thank you all for making it to this very important meeting, I know you all aren't very used to me being up here but I promise you I will carry on my father's legacy as best I can. I have faith in you.. The good employees of this organization, it is because of you why business goes on and today I will address some of the concerns you have brought to my attention."