Reconciliation

"Your mother!? Hello! I'm standing right here! This Castille bitch has no right coming into your life now with all this bullshit" Kat went ballistic when she heard.

"Ma..." Casper tried to connect with her

"Bull! Shit!" she went on, showing the infamous Katherine rage.

"KASDEYA.." he said

"Kasdeya, Castille... I don't give a fudgesicle!" She went on.

Penny poured herself a glass of Katherine's wine and handed it to her, "I always loved that rage of yours."

Katherine chuckled "Thanks" she then turned back to her son, "You can't be considering going there alone, bring the team... or Penny at least".

"I appreciate the concern Ma, but you both know I can handle myself. I just need to hear what this crazy lady is saying okay. At the end of the day, you're the only mother that matters."

She took a sip of her wine and shook her head walking away.

Penelope turned to him and placed the palm of her hand on his cheek. He held onto her hand with his own bandaged hand and released a deep sigh before kissing it.

"Sorry about the knife," she said

"Yeah, I wouldn't love you if you weren't crazy. Anyway, I gotta do this. Tell the team what's up and you guys can be on standby if shit goes sideways."

She shook her head in agreement as he walked out; it was almost time for the meet. The address took him to a place not too far in Jamaica, Queens. It was the local DMV; the official business hours declared the building to be closed hours ago but Kasdeya was seated inside just staring blankly. She had two guards at the door and a few seconds upon Casper's arrival, she heard her guards screaming in pain. She sat still and a crooked smile appeared on her face. Eventually, she stood to her feet and turned around to see one guard knocked out cold and the other on his knees as her son had his arm in a lock and was ready to break it.

"Come on Casper, is this really necessary?" she asked

"You should teach your guys some manners. I thought this was a friendly meet. Why were they trying to search me and what the hell are we doing in a DMV?" he responded bitterly.

"Just doing their job. It's completely out of habit I promise you. Let him go. Come sit with me"

"Agh!" the guard screamed at the release of his arm. He fell to the ground holding it dearly as Casper took his place beside Kasdeya.

"The DMV is just a venue for the meet, I have friends in high places," she said.

"A'ight, whatever. So, Kasdeya...mom... whoever you are... you know all my questions, so just tell me what I want to know"

"You want to know why we abandoned you, why I'm here now... let me ask you something, do you and the dragon plan to have children?"

"The dragon's name is Penelope, and I don't know we've never really discussed it"

Kasdeya interlocked her fingers and smiled, "but I'm sure the thought has entered your mind. Now tell me, being Ghost and Ryuu, if you had a child now there would be only two options- either you expose that child to the dangers of the reality of your world, allowing that child to become just as you are, forced to learn how to kill because mommy and daddy have some very dangerous enemies... or option two, let someone else raise your child in a safe environment away from all your bullshit, what do you choose?"

He sat there baffled at her question, putting thought to it he honestly didn't know what he would do in that given situation.

"I don't know, but you've made your point. What were you and my father involved in that caused you to leave your child behind? And where is he anyway?"