15. | Disbandment

Y/N POV

" I'm sure y'all have heard the news of Seobin and Leo caught in the controversy. They were spotted last night at illegal brothels and therefore it paints a very tainted reputation on us. We had decided that they have to be kicked out of the group. However, now it comes to three of you. I don't mind letting y'all stay as a trio, but due to this unfortunate circumstance, I will also allow for the termination of your contract early without the backout fee. It's up to you. I will give y'all three days to think about it." Bang PD told us, as we looked at each other.

25 January 2020

I looked at Haebin and Junghwa for the last time as SweE members. We had agreed on the disbandment of the group, Junghwa and I decided to continue as trainees of BigHit while Haebin had decided to lead a normal life.

After the finalisation of contracts, Haebin bid us goodbye, promising to visit us whenever he could. With that, SweE had officially disbanded.

I looked up Naver, and saw BigHit's statement.

Hello, this is BigHit Ent. With regards to the contracts of the remaining SweE members, it has been decided that Park Y/N and Park Junghwa would be staying as BigHit trainees while Seo Haebin would terminate his contract. We wish him good luck in his future endeavours.

We are truly apologetic to the fans of SweE whom were eager and excited for the group's future and we hope fans would understand this hard decision made. Thank you.

A little scared of how netizens would respond, I scrolled down carefully.

Noo my baby Haebin TT .. I hope Junghwa and Y/N gets another chance because they were one hell of a monster rookie.
[ +2028283 -10191 ]

I smiled, knowing the fans had my back.

Good riddance! One of the worst acts in KPOP I've ever seen.
[ +201 -29282739]

Well, looking at the upvote to downvote ratio, I couldn't care less.

"Y/N, let's head to our new dorm! Start a fresh journey." Junghwa gestured me to follow him.

It was a huge downgrade from our previous dorm, but it was expected as we were trainees once again.

Bang PD gave us a week to clear our minds before starting training again, which was much appreciated by us.

Just as I was about to leave the building, Jae caught up to me and walked alongside me.

"Hmm? You're not my manager anymore, right?" I asked him.

"You're still famous. Bang PD assigned me to be your personal manager." Jae explained, as I nodded understanding whatever he said.

"So kiddo, how's everything? You must be really affected especially since you did nothing to deserve this." Jae said, as we walked towards the cafe I always visit whenever I was free.

"It is saddening that my whole life crumbled in one night, but as BTS-sunbaenim once sang, learn to let go."

"Kiddo, I can tell this facade of yours is masking private despair. I've known you ever since you joined the company. I scouted you. I know you too well." Jae looked at me, once we sat down at the cafe.

"It was your dream to be a KPOP idol. You broke through obstacles like your parents doubts on you. It's too far-fetched if you say you're unaffected by it."

At the mention of my parents, I couldn't help it and my eyes glistened, tears welling up. I can't imagine how they must have felt, seeing me reach my peak before the eventual downfall.

I must have made them worried sick.

I wanted to give them a call, but before I could do so, Jie Xi beat me to it.

"YAH! Are you okay? I just saw the news, and felt the need to check up on you." She spoke with a worrying tone.

"I'm f-fine. Thanks for asking." I weakly answered.

"No you're not. I'm texting you our dorm's address and I better see you here." Jie Xi said before hanging up, not giving me any chance to decline.

"Hyung, KISS invited me to their dorm for some reason. Can you drive me there?"

-

I knocked on the door, waiting for someone to open it.

Suddenly, the door opened and I was pulled inside by MinMin.

" YOU'RE NOT OKAY! LOOK AT THOSE PUFFY EYES!" Yuyi noticed, while Haeyi served me some hot tea.

Jie Xi came out of her room and gave me a death glare.

I gulped a huge amount of saliva and had no idea what I did wrong. She continued doing so until she landed on the couch with a loud thud.

"Do you REALLY think you can fool me oppa? How dare you try to lie to me!" Jie Xi pouted, scrunching her nose in the process.

I almost lost it at her cuteness but decided to stay calm and collected. "I just didn't want you guys to worry.." I reasoned but they weren't having it.

"NO! You are not allowed to keep anything from us! Don't keep things to yourself." Yi Xi talked this time.

After looking at their innocently fierce face, I knew I couldn't do anything but to agree.

"Oh, by the way, please help us thank your friend Yuri-sunbaenim. She ran into our sasaengs in the airport and reported it to us. Thanks to her, they're now in prison." Minmin told me.

"How did she even know how they looked like?" I was a bit baffled.

"Probably the entire industry follows your social media page." Jie Xi giggled.

After watching some movies and just catching up with each other, it was getting dark so I informed them of my departure.

Surprisingly, they weren't taking it well.

"STAY! IT'S SO DARK!" Minmin pleaded, holding my hand. I blushed at the little skinship.

Soon enough, the jealous members swarmed me one by one, all seemingly wanting to touch me for some reason..

After escaping their "kissing" tradition, I was let go and I told Jae to pick me up.

"Where to?"

"Back to BigHit. I want to practice."