9: "No.. It can't be"

"No no no no no!" He chanted while running over to his fiance's fresh corpse.

"Nathalie! Wake up!" He held her head against her chest as he started to cry.

"Nathalie! Wake up! God damnit Nathalie! THAT'S AN ORDER!" She then let out a breath.

A final breath.

"NATHALIE! NO!"

"Open the letter, no matter what happens.." Her words replayed in his head until he finally gave in.

He laid her body onto the bed, and went over to her nightstand. He opened the drawer and there sat letter. He opened it and his eyes immediately filled with tears.

"N-no.. It can't be..."

Gabriel, if you're reading this, it means I have departed from this world and have started the journey to the next one. I'm glad we made it to where we did. Just know, I will always be here, and I'll always be there to comfort you. You may not be able to feel me, but I'll be there. Please don't do what you did to Emilie with me. Don't try and bring me back, instead, think of the good times we have had together and cherish those moments. And please, this loss is going to affect Adrien more than you think. Please spend time with him and help him get over me. I had planned to tell you sooner but I can't anymore so here you go... I'm three months pregnant. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner. The test is in the back of my drawer. I cant express how sorry I am for everything. Maybe if I fought harder, I would still be there, but who knows. Maybe, just maybe, if all the Gods in the universe were on our side, we'd live together as a happy family. When you look up at the sky, give a little smile and wave to let me know you still remember me. Don't forget that I love you, my papillon.

Love, Nathalie Sancoeur.

Gabriel screamed as he collapsed to the ground. Tears fell like waterfalls down his face. He let out the emotion he had been hiding for so long and that's when he saw something out of the corner of his eye. It looked like a photograph. He reached out and grabbed it and saw there was another one. The first one he grabbed was a picture of when Gabriel had proposed to her at the Eiffel Tower and the second one made him cry even more. It was an ultrasound picture. He looked at it and hed both of them to his chest while he cried his heart out.

He needed someway to get rid of the pain so he stumbled downstairs and into the kitchen where he found a bottle of wine. He couldn't handle being in the same room as Nathalie at the moment so he went into the office and chugged the whole bottle in less than 4 minutes.

Suddenly, everything went black and he passed out on the floor.

To be continued....
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________