Chapter 12: Think of Adrien

Gabriel was all alone again. That is until he heard footsteps running up the stairs.

"Adrien." Gabriel gasped. He walked out of the office and saw Adrien about to enter the room.

"Hey father!" Adrien smiled.  

"Adrien..."

"Wh-what's wrong father?"

"Nathalie.."

"What about Nathalie?"

"Sh-she's dead.."

"ARE YOU JOKING!?" Tears quickly fell down his face and he dropped down onto his knees.

"N-no.."

"FUCK!" He started, punching the ground. "MY MOM IS GONE ONCE AGAIN. WHY DIDN'T YOU TRY AND SAVE HER!?"

"I-I wasn't in the room when it happened.." Gabriel walked over to Adrien and wrapped him in a hug.

"WHAT HAPPENED!?"

"Sh-she woke up and asked me to get her water.."

"OKAY AND!?"

"I got her the water and uh.. when I came back... Sh-she was gone.." Tears were now falling from both their eyes.

"WHY DO ALL MY MOMS HAVE TO LEAVE ME!?"

"A-Adrien.."

"I WISH YOU WEREN'T MY FATHER. I WISH I WASN'T IN THIS STUPID FAMILY! NOBODY HERE CARES ABOUT ME! EVERYONE WHO EVER CARED ABOUT ME IS GONE"

"Adrien, I-"

"LEAVE ME ALONE." Adrien then pushed his father off of him and ran into his room.

"M-Master..?"

"Y-yes"

"I.. I know you want to end it all.. but please think of Adrien.."

"He hates me now.. What difference would it make if I was gone.."

"Adrien needs a father!"

Gabriel knew Duusuu was correct but he needed time to process everything, so he went back into his room and sat on the ground beside Nathalie's corpse. He didn't take the time before to look at her finally at peace, so now he did.

Her hands were over her stomach in a protective manor, reminding Gabriel that he was going to have another kid. He then looked at her face, her skin, an off shade of white, shining in the very faint light. An intoxicating smile spread across her face. This was the first time in a while that she looked at peace.

"Father..?" Adrien's voice came from the other side of the door.

"Enter.."

Adrien didn't say anything, He just walked up to his father, sat down beside him and leaned onto his father.

"Adrien.. I am so sorry."

"I-it should be me apologizing. I hope you aren't upset with me for what I said earlier."

"Of course I'm not mad. I.. I understand everything that you said. I..I promise to be a better father to, and for you."

"thank you father.."

"I'm sorry for not being there when Emilie passed away.."

"It's alright father.." Adrien looked up at Nathalie and took in her beauty. "I've never realized how beautiful mom is."

"She is beautiful, isn't she. I have no idea why she would love me. She deserved so much better.."

"Don't say that Father."

"I used her Adrien.. I knew about her feelings for me and I took advantage of them.." Gabriel confessed.

"H-how?"

"I put her life at risk so many times. I overworked her.. If it weren't for me, she would still be here."

"Father, that isn't true."

"Dad."

"Excuse me?"

"Adrien, call me dad."

"Dad, I know it isn't your fault that she's dead. I mean look at her, she isn't suffering anymore. I think this is the first time I've seen her at peace and relaxed."

"A-Adrien.. I need to tell you something.."

" What is it?"

"Nathalie was.. pregnant.."

"I.. I was going to be a big brother!?"

"Mhm.."

"I.. I wish I could have met them.."

"I'm so sorry Adrien. I should have never left her side. Maybe if I didn't, she would still be here."

"Don't focus on the past, think about how you are going to live your future."

"Thank you, son."

"A-are we going to give her a proper burial?"

"She.. She deserves it."

"Are we going to get her cremated..?"

"I think it would be right.."

"We better call a funeral home then.."

"I'll go start making the plans.." Gabriel squeezed out.

"Okay. Can I stay here with mom?"

"Mhm." And with that, the designer walked away.

"Adrien.."

To be continued...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A\N

sorry for the late update and the lazy chapter.  I hope you are enjoying the book so far! :)