11: "What happened..?"

(This is back in the normal p.o.v)

Gabriel woke up the next morning on the cold floor of his office. His head felt as if it was being smashed repeatedly by a large hammer. His body ached and when he looked beside him and he swore he could see Nathalie standing in the corner of the room watching him. She had a blue tint and Gabriel could see through her, but he could still see her.

"N-Nath!?"

"Y-you can see me!?"

"Mhm!" He smiled and tears started to fall from his eyes. Despite the major pain he was in, he found the strength to stand up and run over to her.

He wrapped her in a tight embrace and buried his face in her hair. She quickly hugged him back as tears fell from their eyes.

All of a sudden a little girls voice could be heard from the other side of the room.

"Momma! Poppa!" They both looked in the direction of the voice, and saw a little girl, who looked to be about 6 or 7 years old, running towards them.

She had dark blue hair that went just below her shoulders, greyish-blue eyes and Gabriel's smile. The only problem was that she was blue and see through, just like Nathalie.

"Wh-who are you?" Gabriel quickly asked.

"Don't be silly dad, I'm your little peacock!"

"Nath, do you know what's happening?" Gabriel whispered.

"I.. I think that's our little girl..."

"What's your name?"

"Estelle Emilio Sancouer Agreste!"

"I've always loved that name.." Nathalie stated.

"Me too.."

"Oops! My time here is up! I'll see you later dada! I love you!"

"I..Love you.. too."

'It looks like I only have three minutes left here Gabe.." Nathalie sadly said, looking up and the little timer that floated just above her head.

"Why did you have to die!?" Gabriel asked, tears falling down his face.

"Death doesn't discriminate, between the sinners and the saints."

"Nathalie.. Please don't leave me.."

"I will be here for two more minutes Gabe.. And I plan to use it wisely. I just want to apologize for not being able to save the baby. I know we planned to wait until after we got married to have one, but I would've been happy with anything. Gabe, you're still alive for a reason don't give up. Don't let me hold you back."

"Why am I still alive though!? Everyone who loves me, and that I love, have all died!"

"You just have to wait for it." Nathalie waled over to her desk and grabbed a sticky note, and a pen. She wrote something down and placed it on the desk.

She then walked over and kissed Gabriel with tender passion. He quickly deepened it, to which she pulled back.

45 seconds left. She quickly found another sticky note and wrote something else on it.

"Gabriel. I love you." She stated, running over to him and pulling him into a hug.

"I love you too.."

"Miss me, but let me go.." She then started to fade away, and after a minute, she was completely gone.

Gabriel was all alone again. That is until he heard footsteps running up the stairs.

"Adrien." Gabriel gasped. He walked out of the office and saw Adrien about to enter the room.

"Hey father!" Adrien smiled.

"Adrien..."

"Wh-what's wrong father?"

"Nathalie.."

"What about Nathalie!?"

"Sh-she's dead.."

To be continued....