16: Our mom is Nathalie Sancouer...

previously...

"Nathalie.. Nathalie died..." Gabriel Agreste's voice was heard over the T.V.

A Small condo located near the center of Paris

A man sat on the couch, a beer bottle in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

He smirked as he heard Gabriel's announcement, a plan formulating in his head.

"Hey kids!?" The man yelled, as two teenagers came running to their father. One had long black-blue hair and dark green eyes. Her twin brother had dark-brown hair and dark blue eyes.

"Yes father?" They both asked.

"Your mom's dead."

"Wh-what..?" Alexis asked, tears pooling in her eyes.

"Your. Mom. Is. Dead."

"Alexis, you shouldn't care." Michael stated coldly.

"B-but why!?"

"She left us! She didn't care! And neither should you!"

"SHE LOVED US MICHAEL! I KNOW SHE DID."

"AND HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT!? YOU DON'T KNOW HER!"

"Kids, if you're going to fight, do it upstairs."

"C'mon Alex." Michael stated coldly, while pulling his sister up to his room.

"Michael.."

"Alexis, we never knew mom. We only have what father has told us. Which is...?"

"She abandoned us at his doorstep. I know, I know. You remind me everyday of this when I try to find her."

"How could you possibly find her if we don't even know her name!?"

"I... I don't know..."

"Exactly." He looked at his sister and realized she was doing the face when she's thinking hard about something.

"Alex? What are you thinking about?"

"I know how to find mom!"

"Oh no... How?"

"Well, father heard that mother died over the television, right?"

"Yes. And?"

"If it was on the news... Then she must be an important person or a celebrity!"

"And?"

"Use that small brain of yours Michael! The news covers everything about celebrities! We can find her!"

"Alexis-" Before the boy could finish speaking, his sister was already out the room and standing before her father.

"Father?"

"Yes dear?"

"He's drunk again.." She mumbled quietly.

"What was that?!"

"Uhm- nothing.."

"Alright. What do you want?"

"Who was speaking on the T.V earlier?"

"Gabriel Agreste. Why?"

"I was just wondering. I knew his voice sounded familiar! Thanks dad!" 

"No problem sweetie." Alexis then ran back to her room and saw her brother sitting on the bed, waiting for her.

"What did you ask him?" Michael asked.

"Who the man was on t.v."

"Who was it?"

"Gabriel Agreste."

"Like, the fasion designer!?"

"Who else would it be?"

"Alright sorry."    

"Okay, so we know mom worked for Mr.Gabriel Agreste. And gabriel is..?"

"Rich."

"No you idiot. Gabriel is a celebrity! Which means..?"

"He's more successful than we'll ever be."

"No! There's information on him everywhere and everyone important to him! His assistants, his allergies, everything!!"

"Why do you even want to find her?" 

"Don't you want to know who our mom is!?"

"No. I don't want to know who the person that abandoned us with him is. "

"I have a feeling that he's lying about that.."

"Alex, just give up."

"I'm doing this with, or without your help. If you don't support me with it, then I'm fine with that. But I'm finding her if it kills me. So, are you coming with me to do this or not?"

"I.. Ugh, you're lucky you're my twin. Lets get this over with." Alexis smiled as she pulled her brother into her room. She sat down at her desk, pulled out her computer and searched up 'Gabriel Agreste'. Images and websites popped up, but none of that mattered. She clicked on the 'about' section, and to their luck his profile had 'Assistant'.

"This is it Michael! This is when we find out who our mom is!"  Alexis stated happily as she looked up at her brother.  She looked at the name.

"Our mom is.." Michael started, his eyes wide.

"Nathalie Sancouer..." Alexis continued.

"Look at the pictures of her..."  Michael demanded. This was one of the last things he could expect.

Alexis clicked on her name and went to images. She was shocked at the resemblance between Nathalie, Michael and herself.

"I-it's her...."

"I can't belive you figured it out, Alex.."

"You two are smarter than I thought." The voice of their father was heard from the door.

"D-dad.."  Alexis stuttered .

"Congrats kids, you figured out who your mother is."

"So it is her.." Alexis squeezed out.

"Sh-she's dead.. We never got to meet her.. and now she's gone.." Michael stated as he sat on his sisters bed.

"Well about that, you'll get to see her on sunday. "

To be continued ..