17: Who are you??

Important A/N at the end

Previously

"Sh-she's dead.. We never got to meet her.. and now she's gone.." Michael stated as he sat on his sisters bed.

"Well about that, you'll get to see her on sunday. "

"Like tomorrow sunday, or next sunday?" Alexis questioned her father.

"Tomorrow." He answered.

"Why tomorrow? "

"We're going to her funeral."

"WHAT!?" The twins yelled, shocked.

"Were we invited?" Michael asked shocked.

"Well.. not exactly."

"We can't just invade somebody's funeral!"  Alexis panicked.

"I didn't ask you. Just do as I say and stay quiet."

"Yes father.." The twins said in unison. They knew there would be a price to pay if they didn't listen to him.

"Good. Now, dinner will be ready in a few minutes. I'll see you there." Then their father left, leaving the twins standing there, shocked.

______________________________________________________________

Back to Gabriel and Adrien ...

The car ride home from the T.V station was dead silent. The only noise was Gabriel and Adriens sobs as the memories of Nathalie's death flooded their heads. The news had already spread around the internet like wildfires, and many remembrance posts were published by Nathalie's friends.

They had swiftly made it home, just to be greeted by paprazzis swarming them. Gabriel let out a sigh as he saw the crowd, looking over at Adrien.

"Wh-why can't they just leave u-us alone, d-dad?!" 

"I'm not sure, Adrien.. Come here." Gabriel spoke softly. Adrien scooted over to his father, who wrapped an arm around his sons shoulder. Gabriel then got out of the car with Adrien following, and pushed through the crowd, through the gates and into the mansion.

Gabriel sighed as Adrien walked off into his room to do god knows what.

The only thing they could do was to wait for the funeral, and that's exactly what they did.

Time skip to sunday (the day of the funeral)

"Adrien..?" Gabriel called out softly as he knocked on his sons bedroom door.

He waited a moment, but there was no answer.

"Adrien, I'm coming in.." Gabriel warned softly, entering into his sons bedroom. The only thing the designer could hear was the cars outside and the muffled sobs of his son. Gabriel looked around the room and noticed his son crying, his head shoved in his pillow. The designer quickly walked over to his son and rubbed his back soothingly.

"Adrien? Do you still want to attened the funeral?" Gabriel asked hesitently.

"Of course I am.. I want to say goodbye to mom.." Adrien replied, his voice muffled by his pillow.

"We have to leave in an hour, you should probably go get ready."

"Of course, dad.." Adrien said while rolling out of his bed and wiping his tears, going off and getting changed in his washroom.

"You should probably go get ready, dad." Adrien said, walking out of the bathroom. He wore a plain black tuxedo with his hair gelled like Felix's.

"Right." Gabriel said, leaving his sons room and getting changed into the outfit he wore during the interview (the Gabriel Agreste episode outfit).

Gabriel walked down into the foyer of his house and saw Adrien waiting for him on the stairs.

The two stayed silent the whole drive and as they entered the funeral home.

They were greeted by a staff member, who expressed their condolances and led them into the visitation room.

The two men gulped in sync, looking over at hardwood coffin that Nathalie laid in. Adrien carefully held his fathers hand, as they slowly walked over to the coffin.

The two looked down at Nathalie, her hair was down and was neatly sprawled out underneath her. Her face was pale, and had a nuteral red tone on her lips. She had a black dress on and a bouqet of flowers in her hand.

The two men started crying, Adrien hugging his father, the taller man hugging him back.

After a few moments, Gabriel looked back at the woman inside the coffin, that smile still on her face. Gabriel smiled through the tears and took her cold and lifeless hand and kissed it gently. He then placed it back down in its original position and looked down at Adrien, who was still hugging his waist.

"I'm sorry for your loss, Gabriel." A voice came from behind the pair. Both men turned around at the same time and saw a man with two children, who both looked scared.

"Uh.. Thank you?" Gabriel spoke, confused at who these people were.

"Who the fuck are you?" Adrien asked, a hint of disgust in his voice.

"Language, Adrien." Gabriel reminded his son.

Adrien just mumbed an apology and looked the random man up and down. He was fairly tall and skinny, had brown hair that was tied back into a small ponytail, green eyes,with a slight stubble growing in on his chin. He had dark bags under his eyes, causing Adrien to wonder when the last time that man had slept was.

Adrien the observed the kids.

"Holy shit, they look like Nathalie.." Adrien thought to himself.

All of a sudden a voice broke the silence.

"You?! What the hell are you doing here!?"

To be continued..

Important A/N:

Yup, I finally updated. Life has been really all over the place lately. A few things have happened recently that have made me not able to update. I promise I'm trying, and I'll update whenever I can. But I probably wont update anything for a while, due to my great grandma being in a silly goofy mood and dying. Silly grandma. So yeah, I have a funeral  to attend. Anyway, I hope you are enjoying the story