Traitor

A hard slap to the face jolted Y/N awake. She groaned at her sore body from the fight. Looking around she saw two Hydra agents by each of the exits and a man sitting in the shadows.
"Good morning." That voice. It sounded familiar. The figure got up and walked into the light. Marcus.
"How did you sleep? Sorry about your nose, my agent broke it so it'll be sore for a bit." He grinned at her.
"You work for Hydra?" She asked confused trying to piece things together. He nodded and continued forward.
"We needed new participants for the serum. Everyone kept...dying. We needed someone strong." He leaned down to her face.
"That's why you're here."

-AT THE COMPOUND-
"DAMNIT!" Bucky shouted slamming his fists down on the meeting table.
"Buck calm down. It's only been two days, I'm sure she's okay."
He scoffed at Steve's words.
"One day is all it takes. I've killed a handful of people in one day. Who's to say they aren't doing the same right now!"
Everyone tensed up. What Bucky said was true, they didn't know if she was alive they just hoped she was. They have been looking for her non stop since they left the cabin.
"She has to be alive. She's strong, she can survive." Loki said looking at the super solider.
"We'll find her." Steve reassured.
"We better. Before it's too late." Bucky got up and left the room, trying to calm himself. Steve got up to go comfort him but Loki stood up stopping him.
"Let me."
Steve nodded and allowed him to go.
Bucky was on the roof sitting on the ledge looking at the city. Loki walked up behind him.
"You know you can't die from this height right?"
Bucky rolled his eyes at his sarcasm.
"Leave me alone Loki. I don't have any energy to argue."
"Me either. I just want to talk." He put his hands up in defense and sat next to him. They sat in silence for a minute before speaking.
"I'm sorry."
Bucky looked at the god confused at his sudden apology.
"I'm sorry we haven't found her. I know you love her. It must be tough for you."
"For you too." Bucky pointed out.
They looked back at the city.
"We will find her Bucky. We have to."
"We were horrible to her. We treated her like a piece of property, we fought and didn't even try to get along." Bucky shook his head and looked down.
"We did...but once we find her we'll make it right! We will apologize and try to be civil with each other. We have to. For her." Loki sighed.
"We've got find her."
Just then Sam bust through the roof doors.
"We found her!" The men looked at each other and shot up running back down. They had found a Hydra base close to the cabin, redwing went in and looked over the place. That's when they found her, sitting in a chair tied up with Marcus in front of her. That piece of shit. They hopped in the jet and flew to the lab.

-AT HYDRA LAB-
"Let me go!" Y/N shouted kicking the agents as they laid her on the examination table. She punched one in the face but the punch was immediately returned to her. They restrained her arms and legs and left her to wait.
Marcus chuckles at her struggling to get out as he approaches her.
"Don't struggle. It'll hurt more if you do."
"You are evil! You're a traitor!" She said sitting up as best as she could. He bent down to get closer to her face.
"You can't be a traitor, if you were never on their side." He smirked shoving her back down and tightening the restraints. She grunts when her back slams back down.
"She's ready for testing. Muzzle her." He said to the scientists leaving.
They prep the serum and walk towards her.
"No! Please!" She begs but they just put a cloth into her mouth to silence her. They hold her arm down plunging then needle into her vein, releasing the liquid. Her muffled screams were silence as the wall blows open allowing the Avengers to come in and take down the agents. Bucky and Loki ran to her side taking off the restraints. Natasha took the cloth out of her mouth. She screamed out as the serum flowed through her body. The pain was brutal, her entire body was on fire, as if her skin was truly melting.
"Guys!" Natasha grabbing the attention of the team, she lifted up the empty vial. Horror spread on everyone's face.
"It burns!!" Y/N screamed clutching into both of the men next to her.
"We have to get her back to the compound. Bruce can figure out something." Tony said as the other followed him out. Bucky picked her up and ran to the jet. They took off and sped back home.

———————————————————