Chapter 5: Break and Enter

Miles felt himself vanish as he dropped down from the vent. Barely any sound could be heard as he hit the floor. He looked around the room, assessing his targets.

Three men. Armed with hand guns. Wearing bullet proof vests.

"Peice of cake."

He turned to the first man, fired a web at his foot, and yanked him to the floor. He shot another web to fasten him down. At that, the two remaining guards learned his presence, immediately reaching for their guns.

In one swift motion, Miles webbed both of their right hands to their belts. He finished another guard off with a jump kick to the head. A loud crash could be heard as the man planted face-first onto a nearby table. Miles cringed at the noise.

"Nobody heard that... probably."

A warning flared in the back of his head and he immediately made himself disappear. Behind him was the guard now holding his gun in his left hand.

"I know you're there!" he shouted, frantically swinging his gun back and forth at the air.

Miles charged his fist up with electricity before reappearing and then simply placed his hand on the guards shoulder. The man grunted and sputtered as the electricity flowed through him, before falling to the ground, unconscious.

Miles tilted his head up toward the vent opening as he called, "Miguel, all clear."

With that Miguel hopped down to the ground, doublechecking to make sure every guard had been taken care of. He walked past Miles without a word- like he wasn't even there. Not even a simple, "good job" escaped his lips. He only began to type away at something on his gizmo.

Miles squinted in confusion. Miguel reminded him of a robot. Only one objective sitting in his mind- his programmed mission. Anything or anyone that stood in his way Miles was sure he wouldn't have a problem with removing them-forcefully if he had to.

Miles was snapped out of his thoughts as Miguel suddenly opened the door and headed out the room. He hurried to catch up with him while being as quiet as possible. The walls were quite bland. The top half was white and the bottom half was a light grey. A dark grey beam ran through the middle of the wall, separating the two colors.

"Miguel," Miles whispered trying to snag his attention, but Miguel didn't answer. He only continued to edge further down the hall. "Miguel," he tried again, only to get the same reaction. They were nearing the end of the hall and Miles was growing more and more frustrated with him. "Miguel!-"

In an instant, Miles was shoved against the wall and a gloved hand was held over his mouth. Miles's eyes widened in surprise as the man in front of him put a finger to his lips then pointed to a group of five guards talking and laughing among themselves as the walked through the hallway opposite them, entering a small room at the end of it.

Once Miguel was sure they were out of hearing range he turned to Miles and snarled, "What the shock, Miles! You almost gave us away!"

Miles's eyes widened at his small outburst, then narrowed in confusion, "Did you just say 'what the shock'?"

Miguel let a frustrated sigh fall from his mouth as he brought a hand up to rub the bridge of his nose through his mask, "Lyla is picking up multiple heat signatures from a room at the other end of the hallway. They're most likely keeping the hostages there."