Chapter 11: The Fall

Hey ya'll I'm back! Sorry for taking so long, but I'll finally be back of track with this story. I'm starting to make the chapters a bit of a longer chapter than I usually write. Hope you guys like it.
*******

"When are they gonna get here?!" Gwen hollered as she dodged a blast from a scientist with a high-tech gun.

The same scientist threw a small ball-like device at her. The girl felt her spider-sense scream at her and she somersaulted away, just as it exploded.

The three spiders were outnumbered and surrounded. The had reached the Oscorp building only to find and army of men in white lab coat and guns waiting there for them. Somewhere in the midst of them was Doc Oc, studying their every move with a sinister smile. The heroes were fighting hard but knew they would lose without backup.

"I called Peter and he said they were on their way." Miles responded, leaping into the air and venom shocking another scientist. The man let out a distorted noise before collapsing on the ground.

"Yeah well, tell him to hurry up," She grumbled, dodging a barrage of gun fire. She sprang backward landing on her hands before flipping back, landing behind a car.

She gritted her teeth from her place on the floor. She could see as well as hear the array of gunfire, colliding with her makeshift barricade.

The blond nearly had a heart attack when a black-suited figure vaulted over the car and crouched down beside her. She sucked in a swift breath, "What the heck, Miles!"

"Sorry," he mumbled, "I was just thinking, since y'know... I've never seen your universe before. I thought maybe we could hang out there tomorrow, after school."

Gwen lifted herself slightly to turn and look over the hood of the car. She instantly ducked back down, when she nearly got shot in the face. "Are we seriously having this conversation now?" she growled. She didn't want to bring him there anyway. There were things about Spider-woman's reputation that she... would rather he didn't know.

Gwen couldn't see him expresión due to the mask, but could tell he was nervous by the way he scratched the back of his neck. "Umm... yeah?" he spoke, sounding unsure of his answer.

A powerful blast collided with the vehicle and sent it sailing back, before it landed on its hood, causing every window to shatter.

"Oh crap." Miles muttered.

"Yeah, now move," Gwen ordered, shoving him out of the way of another shot, causing a yelp to fall from his mouth.

The eyes of her mask widened as she rolled out of the way of an oncoming blast. Her eyes darted up to Ben, who had perched himself on a ledge of the building not to far from her.

"Scarlet! Little help?" Gwen called.

Without another word the Scarlet Spider hopped down and fire a web at the assailants face. He yanked the crook forward and landed a hook to his face, instantly knocking him out. The gun flew from the scientists hands and Scarlet caught it mid-air.

His eyes narrowed as he inspected the device, turning it over in his hands. Even through his red mask, Gwen could see the outline of a wicked grin creeping onto his face. He turned to her, placing his hand on the barrel and slinking his other over the trigger, "This'll be fun."

With that he bolted away firing rapidly at the army of men.

Gwen raised a brow at him before shaking her head dismissively. She let her eyes scan over the parking lot- turned battlefield.

She saw about fifty- maybe more- scientists, scattered around the Oscorp. Most were attacking and firing weapons at Ben and her, while a small group of them gathered around a truck in the corner of the parking lot as they worked on some large computer-like device. Her eyes narrowed on them and she bolted of in there direction, before she planted her feet on the asphalt and skidded to a stop. The girl whipped her head back as she did a double take of her surroundings, gulping as a realization came to her.