Chapter 15: Hero or Villain?

The sun began to elegantly set over earth '65', basking the surrounding with a pink-purple hue. It looked like a perfect painting. Gentle brushstrokes of purple over a salmon colored sky. The clouds radiated from the yellow glare of the sun. The scene was so peaceful and calming, like something of a movie.

The voices of nature all spoke at once over the beautiful, busting city as it sang through the whisking of the wind.

Though even those melodious voices could not be drowned out by the sound of the sirens that rang in Gwen's ears.

She flew high over the cityscape in her well-known white and black suit. She was panting and sweating from exhaustion as beads of sweat dampened her mask. She began shooting her web lines further and further from herself, attempting to gain speed and distance.

The girl stole a quick glance at the streets below her, taking notice of how they were illuminated with red and blue lights. The lights reflected off nearby windows and glass, making it almost impossible to look a the squad cars without being blinded.

Now if that wasn't bad enough, Gwen had another problem on her plate. She was very late. She was supposed to have been at band practice about seven minutes ago and the time was still ticking. The officers were persistent. Gwen knew each and every one of them hated her with a passion due to the fact she had evaded every single one of their arrest attempts. She imagined they all had the notion that the one to catch her would receive a raise or maybe even get promoted.

Many people stopped to look at the scene unfolding that was not foreign to most. This was not the first time they'd seen the Ghost-spider being chased across the city. This time she had been chased all the way from Central Brooklyn to East Queens. These guys didn't ever give up.

"Just another day in the life of a wanted vigilante."

"Ghost-Spider!" a deep crackly voice sounded over the PA, "Surrender now, or we'll use lethal force."

"Gosh," Gwen groaned, "Just say gun. We both know you mean guns." She knew the officer most likely couldn't hear her, but she didn't care at the moment. She was beyond done with this.

The heroine hurtled forward, landing deftly an a rooftop and propelling herself as she turned a corner. The sound of sirens began to fade as Gwen's speed out distance between them.

For a brief moment Gwen wondered if every Peter Parker making their suit red and blue had something to do with trying to show their affiliation with the police, letting the men and women in blue know that they were there to help them.

Gwen had the advantage in this race. She had the higher ground. The SWAT team had to use the roads while she could make her own shortcuts over buildings, so that's exactly what she did.

She webbed over the structures, making as many twists and turns as she possibly could, grinning beneath her mask as the wailing of the sirens became further and further away.

She checked her wrist, grumbling under her breath when she remembered that she wasn't wearing a watch on her suit.

"Either Peni or Miguel should make these dimension watch things actually tell the time."

Her thoughts were interrupted by a thunderous yetis, melodic humming. It reminded Gwen of the hot summers when her dad filled their small house with fans, the sound ricocheting off the walls, maximizing the sound to the point were you can't hear your own thoughts.

Gwen hastily dropped from the sky to a nearby rooftop, doing a roll to pillow her momentum. Gwen rolled her head back to see two police helicopters circling her location. She heard the sound of wailing grow and knew it was only a matter of time before the rest of the officers made there way to her location.