College Life

Requested by @SUGArocks

changed the request a bit, oops

-------

"Yikes, it's her again."

Dami gulped. No matter what she did, she never managed to fit in. She was too awkward, not good enough... it made her want to screech.

She stood awkwardly in front of the class, waiting for everybody to quiet down. The paper for her presentation was in her shaking hands. She had practiced her whole speech many times before, but now she had forgotten everything. Her mouth was a desert that hadn't gotten rain in several months. Oh, this was not going to go well.

"Okay, you can start whenever you're ready."

She nodded. She turned her presentation slides on. Looking at the PowerPoint now made her get embarrassed. It didn't even look that good. Whatever. Dami turned her attention back to her paper. Her voice shook like a leaf as she read.

People had told her previously that she had no expression in her voice, that she always spoke in a monotone. Dami did try to be more expressive. She tried hard even now. But all that happened was that her already wobbly voice got even wobblier. She carried on. Reading. Sending a few panicked glances upward so she could get marks for "eye contact".

She heard someone sigh. She was boring.

"Um... so... my personal opinion about this issue is that politicians should stop making empty promises that they have no intention of keeping..."

She wished she had an eloquent way of speaking, but she didn't. Dami started talking faster. If she got done with the presentation quicker, she would stop boring people.

It seemed like an eternity, but her presentation finally ended. Dami silently thanked the heavens that she hadn't done anything majorly embarrassing.

"That was very well done Dami, but was it just me or did several people have trouble hearing?"

More than half the class raised their hands. Dami's face turned red. A few people laughed. They tried to hide it, which made her feel even worse.

"It's okay Dami, don't worry about it. You tried your best." The professor flashed her a thumbs-up. Dami stumbled off to her spot. Her hands were shaking. She had tried her best. Clearly, seeing her try her best was funny for some people.

Ah well, at least it was over. Hopefully nobody would make any comments to her face about how awful it was.

------

"Man, I don't get it. What are you so scared about?"

She froze up. She never knew how to answer when someone asked her questions. This Hoseok guy and his friends always found a way to make fun of her. What was she supposed to say anyway? They were only asking so they could have a source of amusement.

"I..." she mumbled. She looked at the floor in front of her, so she wasn't looking straight down, but wasn't meeting the person's eyes either. "I..."

"Ah, look, she's stuttering again!"

Dami's face turned red again. Her clothes weren't so thick, but she swore that she had never felt this hot before in her life. Why did people always have to make fun of her? Almost as if the gods wanted her to suffer more, she started to tear up. She wasn't much of a crier, but just at this instant...

She put her head down and started running. There were yells of "Oh, she's crying! What did you do?" and "Oops sorry, I didn't know girls cried that easily!" behind her. Dami wanted to run and hide. She ran past several rooms, and down many hallways. She didn't know where the heck she was after a while. Her next class wasn't for a while anyway. Only one more class and then she could head home.