Until the Blood Appears

Requested by @X22rebel

Warning: throwing up

Sope (platonic)

--------

Yoongi had had appendicitis before. And oh man, did that hurt. He felt like his stomach was trying to digest himself. It was the worst pain he had ever felt.

So now, as he sat with the members at one of their celebration dinners, he brushed aside the pain in his stomach. It hurt, but it didn't hurt as badly as it did when he had appendicitis. Yoongi assumed that this couldn't be all that serious.

"Look at all the food!" Jimin yelped. The mochi was clearly too hyper right now and the others were giggling at him.

Yoongi couldn't bring himself to laugh however. He tried to focus his attention on the steaming plates of hot food that were being placed on the table. Normally his mouth would've been watering by now, but today all he wanted to do was lie down in his bed and sleep.

Yoongi picked at his food. He felt like he was going to be sick, and he sure didn't want to be sick in front of all the boys. He moved his chopsticks carefully, slowly so the others would think he was eating.

"You want to know something? Jimin sure is funny when he gets hyped about something!" Hoseok said. There was a goofy grin on his face.

"Yeah, for sure!"

The voices of the boys blended together in Yoongi's brain. He just wanted to sleep.

He forced himself to open his mouth and keep eating. Keep feeding his nausea. Make it worse.

It was just food poisoning, he told himself. He had had some food from a new restaurant a few days earlier, it was probably that. Yoongi would just go home, take some painkillers and feel better the next day. This wasn't such a big deal.

Dessert, usually one of Yoongi's favourite things, was missed by him. The others asked him why, but a smile and a "I'm just tired" fooled them all.

Yoongi would just sleep this off.

-------

He had been so sure a few hours ago that this wasn't anything serious. Now he wasn't so sure. Yoongi had woken up twice in the night to throw up his dinner. The burning pain in his stomach nearly brought him to tears. This wasn't just food poisoning.

Yoongi was convinced that this wasn't anything serious though. In a few days, he would be fine. There was no reason he should tell the others.

Still, he didn't get any sleep all through the night. Tossing and turning from one side to the other, Yoongi could swear that the pain was just getting worse and worse.

The next morning saw him struggling to get himself up. He needed to use his hand as support to actually stand up. As soon as he did, Yoongi just about fell back down. The pain was horrendous. It felt like he had drank acid, and everything was mixing up inside him.

But still, he swallowed hard, told himself that he had just gotten food poisoning from the ramen that he had had two days earlier, and that some painkillers would save the day.

----------

(Spoiler alert: his day wasn't saved by the painkillers after all)

Hoseok was a great rapper and composer, but after listening to him talk for what felt like hours, Yoongi wanted to lay down. He wanted to lay down and sleep in his favourite warm fluffy pajamas. He felt like he was going to throw up.

The rapper placed his hands near his stomach. He had to be careful that Hoseok didn't catch on because the dancer would go full-mom mode otherwise. Yoongi wasn't in the mood for people to fuss over him.