Doubling Over

Requested by AshzPopz

Warning: throwing up, medically inaccurate details

--------

It was one of the first times that they had ever promoted in Japan. They were all still rookies and they had to make sure that they performed to the best of their ability at all times, people were still forming an opinion about them and they needed it to be positive. Their rehearsals were challenging, their performances even more so and every single of the answers they gave for interviews had to be well-thought out and perfect.

Yoongi, usually, didn't have much of a problem of getting into this kind of a routine. The others struggled quite a bit, especially the younger ones who often still had schoolwork to finish. The rapper had to admit, he felt terrible when he watched Jungkook practice all day and then stay up to finish his algebra homework. Namjoon and Jin sometimes helped him out but at the end of the day, the maknae had to be the one who had to go and give the exams to pass. What kind of grades would he get if he had no time or energy to study?

But this time around, he was the one really struggling. The others were starting to notice too.

It had started a few days earlier but it had slowly started getting worse. Yoongi had first thought that it was just some simple cramps but now they had worsened and he couldn't move too suddenly unless he wanted to double over in pain and start groaning. During the performances, he dumped down painkillers and clenched his teeth and somehow kept his act together. He couldn't join in any of the celebratory activities that Hoseok dragged them to after, and even if he did, he didn't eat or talk, just kept his mouth shut and tried not to show how much pain he was in.

It was probably just food poisoning. They had been eating mainly takeout for the past few days and something probably hadn't agreed with him. That made him think though. Yoongi wasn't too sensitive but some of the others were.

Why weren't they getting sick at all?

Nah, it's probably nothing.

It was nothing.

-------

"You should move more to this side of the stage Yoongi," one of the managers said. "Standing in one spot too long might make you look too boring."

Yoongi shakily walked to where the manager was pointing.

Today was the climax. As he learned this morning, the past few days had only been practices for what was to come. He had only had to deal with pain before. Now he had to deal with the feeling that he was going to throw up everything he had eaten.

A shiver ran down his spine. Yoongi shoved his hands into the pockets of his big sweater.

Please don't throw up. Please don't throw up.

"Should we run through our song again?" Hoseok asked from somewhere above him.

"Yes... and I think that we should run through the other song as well. I need to see how you guys look while you perform both," Sungdeuk said.

"Wait, where did Seokjin go?"

Yoongi didn't bother listening to the managers argue about where the eldest member had disappeared off to. Sungdeuk told them to take the positions for No More Dream. Yoongi settled into his spot behind Namjoon, his head poking out from beside the leader's shoulder.

"Get him back here right now!"

Jimin chuckled seeing the way the manager stormed out of the hall. "Looks like hyung landed himself in a bit of trouble."