The Last

Requested by @All_about_the_fiction

Platonic Yoonjin

Warning: blood and descriptions of injury

----------

It was a hard life for sure. Yoongi sighed bitterly. After a long day of intense dance practices and rap sessions, he felt like laying down and sleeping for the next two centuries. For a person who wasn't used to dancing, the long practices were draining. But if he wanted to be able to afford the costs for transportation, the rent and food, he needed to work extra jobs. And that meant working after practices.

The dorms didn't have enough room yet for all of them to live together. They had decided to let Jungkook, Hoseok and Taehyung stay in the unfinished rooms that weren't fully furnished. Jimin was staying with a family friend and both Jin and Namjoon had family who they could stay with. They had offered to let Yoongi stay with them, but he turned them down. He had had an one-room apartment when he had first arrived in Seoul, and he decided to stay there. But with the rent always increasing, he couldn't support himself with only his measly trainee pay.

"Yoongi!"

The rapper turned to see Jin running towards him. Yoongi had only met him a few months ago, but he could safely say that the eldest was one of his closest friends. It was easy to talk to him. And he was very friendly.

"What hyung?"

Jin stopped a few steps away from Yoongi, gasping to catch his breath. "Hey, hey... Yoongi, come back quickly from work."

A small little grin played on Yoongi's lips. "I will try to."

Jin nodded. "Don't fall off your bike, don't crash into trees and follow all the rules of traffic-"

"Yes, yes, I know!"

Jin giggled. He patted Yoongi's shoulder before turning on his heel and leaving.

Yoongi sighed, watching him leave. He wanted to stay here and hang out with the others. But the world ran on money, and if he didn't have it, then he wouldn't be able to survive.

His footsteps sped up as he walked closer to the bike racks. His bike was one of the cheapest models that were available, but at least it was sturdy and he could depend on it. The light backpack hanging on the handlebars was filled with loose bus tickets and empty water bottles. He flung it around his shoulders, adjusting the straps so it was tight enough. Throwing a leg over his bike, he settled himself on the seat.

Yoongi took a deep breath. He took a quick look at his surroundings. Quickly, he started to push on the pedals.

He was off to another day filled with delivering and biking.

---------

The bundle of things that he was assigned to deliver had been stuffed into his backpack. There were too many things to handle and not enough time to do it all. Yoongi also sometimes had to slow down so he could catch his breath.

Right now, it was nearly half past seven. He had just finished delivering to a house and was biking back to the main road. He didn't know this area very well, so he was going slowly, observing everything around him. Yoongi always tried to memorize the roads wherever he went. If he ever came back, he would hopefully know the area better.

His feet pedaled. Yoongi took several deep breaths, trying to feel his shoulders that were cramping up from underneath his backpack. He shouldn't have taken so much stuff. His shoulders were killing him.

A sudden roar of an engine knocked him out of his meditative state. There was a car right behind him. It was coming towards him.

A cold sweat ran down Yoongi's back. The car wasn't supposed to be right there. There had to be a distance.