Signing For Help

Requested by @11Seesaw11

-------

Yoongi could talk. Just... not very well. It took him a long time to get to know people and feel comfortable to talk to them. Over the years, there had been a multitude of people who had kindly informed him that he was boring, lame, stupid, stuck-up, and all those other beautiful adjectives that Yoongi loved to have connected to his name.

It impacted his self-esteem, but at the end of the day, he couldn't change who he was.

When he had first become an idol, performing had been a daunting task. It was something that he'd dreamed about, but he had no idea if he was actually going to be able to do it. But then, suddenly, he was doing it.

He was terrible at first. But he got better. He got so good at rapping that he knew he wouldn't screw up anymore. He got comfortable on stage.

But his stubborn silence around strangers remained. It was ironic. He could address thousands of people on stage, but not a single person off-stage. It was stupid.

The other members had slowly learned that he was just really quiet. When he was around them, he was able to be his normal self. He was able to laugh and joke around, just like anybody else would. Watching their videos, people probably would've thought that he was just like everybody else.

Yoongi tried to mask it. He tried so hard to hide it.

------

"I get weird vibes from him," Taehyung said.

Namjoon stared down at the tall new guy who was one of their managers. He had just joined the company a couple of weeks ago, but he had already been promoted to being one of their primary managers. Probably because his dad was one of the main shareholders of the agency, Jimin joked.

Yoongi didn't think it was a joke.

If the others had noticed, he would've definitely notice. He was usually the first one to point these things out.

"I hope I don't end up in a room alone with him," Jin said quietly, smiling. "He looks scary."

"Scarier than my sister when she gets mad." Hoseok nodded.

"Did he do anything to any of you?" Namjoon asked.

Jin shook his head.

"It's just... weird vibes," Hoseok said. "It might be nothing."

Again, Yoongi bristled. It wasn't nothing. He glanced at Hoseok, but didn't say anything. He didn't know what to say anymore. He never did, but...

The manager walked up to them. Namjoon and Hoseok fell silent.

"Hi, everyone." He smiled, looking at each of them in turn. "You don't need to introduce yourselves to me, I already know all your names. I am Hyukjin. Nice to meet you all."

The others seemed to chorus a hello in reply. Namjoon did some official leader stuff, like talk about the group and their goals, blah blah blah. Yoongi always thanked the heavens that he wasn't the leader. They would literally get nowhere if he was in charge. Speaking of him (hehe), he didn't even open his mouth. He could only stare at Hyukjin.

Something was off.

Why was he thinking that way?

--------

"He's freaking me out," Jungkook said the next day, when they had just sat down to have breakfast.

Jin glanced up at him, his mouth full of food. Yoongi frowned.

"Huh? What happened?" Namjoon asked.

Jungkook shrugged. He carefully tore his toast into two even pieces. Yoongi watched as he ripped the corners off perfectly before answering.