Meeting New Members

Requested by raytorosbackhair

-------

There were a lot of things to consider when Yoongi tried to come up with his opinion on Bang PD. On one hand, he was a genius producer who hand-picked Yoongi from the contestants on the Hit It! auditions. The rapper was beyond thankful for that because now he had an agency, although cramped and with massive financial struggles, that supported him. On the other hand, however, Yoongi had a lot of things that he didn't like about the CEO of Bighit.

One of them certainly was that Bang PD wanted him to become an idol.

Yoongi did not want to become an idol. Being an idol meant being pretty, something that he knew that he wasn't. Of course he had his moments when he looked in the mirror and found himself admiring his features, but idols were different. They had to have top notch visuals. They had to dance and perform. Yoongi did think that his rapping had improved, but he certainly wasn't at performance level. Bang PD had promised him that his rapping would get there, but Yoongi felt differently.

His rapping would improve, but he would never be able to dance at the idol level. His dancing was decent. But he had seen this other trainee, named Jung Hoseok, who lived and breathed dance. Yoongi would never compare to that level.

He tried not to think about performing. The rapper thought of him as shy, and honestly, he didn't really know how to make people scream their lungs off. Surely just standing there and fiddling with your sleeves wouldn't make people start clapping.

He bet that if he became an idol, his group would never go far. Yes, pessimism was one of his traits.

And he was also willing to bet that he would make a fool of himself in front of his members.

--------

"Yoongi, I'm waiting!"

"I'm coming!"

Yoongi scrambled to take his headphones off, getting up from his seat as fast as he could. Bang PD was behind the door with a big smile on his face.

"The kids are all excited to see their Yoongi-hyung that they have heard so much about!"

"Kids? How old are these people that you're putting me with? Surely I'm not going to be the grandpa of this group?"

Bang PD laughed. His eyes sparkled behind his round glasses. "That's not what I meant! To me, you guys are all kids. You're not even the oldest one there!"

Yoongi sighed and rolled down his sleeves. He didn't want to meet anybody right now. To be honest, he would rather wear Converse than meet anybody new. He followed the producer as they walked down a hallway to the room where the other members were.

"Relax." Bang PD chuckled. "You've seen some of them around. Rap Monster, you know him right?"

"He's in the group?"

"Of course."

The smallest wave of relief went through Yoongi. Rap Monster, or Namjoon, was a wonderful friend who Yoongi had come to trust. He was younger than Yoongi, but he was smart and had clear plans for the future.

"Do I know any of the others?"

Bang PD shook his head. "Not unless you met them during individual schedules."

"Then no."

The producer grinned. "I knew it."

He pushed a door open and they stepped in. The room was empty, save for six young men sitting in a circle in the middle of the room.