Faking it All

Requested by imasid13

-------

When it came time for a new album, there were always lots of things to get done. Choreographies to master, vocals or raps to get down perfectly, all their outfits had to fit well, the songs had to be produced and finished, the album art had to be made...

Yoongi tried to calm himself every time. He told himself that everything was going to be finished in the end. If things went wrong, they could always push the album release date back. It wasn't worth getting so scared over. It wouldn't be the end of the world if they couldn't release their album on the first fixed date. The fans would understand.

But he always, every single time without fail, he got overwhelmed. The amount of work that needed to be done was too much for him. He ended up crying in his studio or in front of the others and frankly, it was a bit embarrassing for him. Very embarrassing for him.

He struggled to meet the deadlines. Yoongi was a chronic procrastinator and he always ended up finishing things at the very last second. It was nerve-wracking and downright terrifying at times.

So this time, he had a plan. He would take a "mental health day" as he told himself by telling the others that he was sick. Yoongi felt a little bad, but he convinced himself that, in a way, he was sick. He needed a breather for one day. Practicing eighteen hours a day caused burnout pretty quickly for him. Taking a day off would improve his mood by a lot. The others would probably be off at practice so he could have the whole dorms to himself. He could shake his ass to WAP and nobody would be laughing at him!

Now, if he could only make the others fall into his trap.

--------

"Min Yoongi, if you don't wake-"

Yoongi groaned. The sun hit his face. The clock in the hallway chimed nine times. He had purposefully tried to get up late so he could pretend like he was sick.

Jin stopped. He put the pillow down next to Yoongi. The bed dipped as he sat down.

"What's going on? Yoongi?"

"Hmmm...?" The rapper turned his head away from the window, trying to burrow his face into the covers.

"Are you okay? Does something hurt?"

"Yeah... my-my... head hurts."

Jin nodded. He patted Yoongi's side, then stood up.

"I'll call the manager and let them know okay? But wait, oh no..."

"Huh?"

"There's that meeting today, remember? We all have to go," Jin said. He ripped the covers off of Yoongi. "Come on. How bad is the headache?"

"Bad."

Yoongi grimaced, pretending to be in pain. His fake expressions of pain nearly made him crack up so he hid his face with his hands. Jin didn't notice anything.

"I'll get some painkillers okay?" Jin said. "If it gets super horrible then we can bring you home."

Yoongi sighed. He regretted picking today. He would have to be around the others the whole day and they would probably notice that he wasn't sick at all. He wouldn't get to spend the rest of the day at the dorms after all. And worst of all, he wouldn't get to have a solo dance party.

"Go and brush your teeth. I'll let the others know," Jin said. He helped Yoongi stand up and walk over to the bathroom.

"Okay."