Withdrawal

Requested by @X22rebel

---------

It was a well known sequence of events in the Bangtan way of life: Yoongi staying up late at his studio. He would never find time to work during the day, due to dance practices and recording sessions, not to mention the long company meetings.

Working during the night was more peaceful too. Yoongi didn't need to get up to close the blinds when the sun fell in his face. He could just focus. While people slept, Yoongi worked. And though Jin and Hoseok would probably whoop his ass later, he would still keep his work habits up.

His one true friend through this was coffee. He loved it so much that he spent one of his first paychecks on a coffee machine. Now he has a much fancier one, but the output is still the same. Coffee. Yoongi had a flask, a dull steel one that kept drinks warm for long durations of time, and he used it quite frequently. It was second nature to him to drink more than four of those flasks a day.

Caffeine, the others warned.

Addiction, Hoseok yapped.

Don't, Jin scolded.

They worried too much. Drinking some coffee won't hurt Yoongi. He was a grown man after all, he could handle things.

How else was he supposed to produce those smashing hits that BTS was known for? How else would the rap line spit straight facts if Yoongi didn't work hard?

He would work like this til the end of his days. No matter the consequences to his physical or mental health.

---------

Yoongi pressed the flask to his mouth, only to get no hot drink touch his tongue. He had ran out.

Sighing softly, muttering a quiet curse, he stood up. He threw his headphones down onto the desk. The coffee maker was just a little ways from the computer, but for Yoongi, it was quite a long way.

"C..." the rapper hummed under his breath. His voice trembled in the air for a second, but faded away quickly. He wasn't much of a singer. He decided to hum along as the coffee maker chugged merrily, making his favourite drink.

Nimble fingers grabbed his now full flask. Impatient to get back to work, Yoongi took a small sip. The coffee was hot. Just how he liked it.

Namjoon had once described Yoongi's studio as well-worn. With its homely rugs making up the floor, dainty frames hanging on the walls, and the rapper's coffee maker in the corner, the small yet cozy room gave off a very comfortable vibe.

Yoongi had designed it with that idea in mind.

The screen was too bright for the rapper's eyes now, he turned the brightness down by a lot. He plopped down in his chair, rolling it over to his keyboard on the side.

Yoongi had learned to play piano from a young age. His parents could afford to pay for a teacher when he was little, but as he grew older, the costs increased and so did their debts. Thankfully his brother had had a friend who could afford the lessons, and she agreed to teach Yoongi in her spare time for free. It had been a dream come true for the young boy then. Because he knew how to play an instrument, making and writing music had an enjoyable side for Yoongi. It was frustrating at times, especially when under a time constraint, but when he had free time, the job was relaxing and rewarding. The piano was his first love.

His fingers slid easily over the keys. Closing his eyes, he recalled the melody he had come up with a few minutes earlier and he transferred it to his fingers. The melody was nice but it needed some bass notes to it to harden the sound. Yoongi tested out some notes. Since the song was in C minor, he decided to test out C, Eb and G first. He eventually settled for a variation of the three notes.