50/50

Requested by Krystal_Vallz

warning: mentions of sexual assault

Yoonkook

-------

Yoongi preferred not to talk about what happened when he was four. He preferred to forget about how his uncle had forced himself onto him and hurt him. His parents made his uncle babysit him for a few months.

Yoongi hadn't told anybody about what had happened. Not his parents, nor a trusted adult, nor his bandmates. This fact was only for his mind to know.

But at the back of his head, he had a sneaking suspicion that they already knew that he wasn't fully alright. He had major gaps in his memory. Maybe he had told them at one point and had completely forgot?

Sometimes, he heard the others reference events that he had never heard of, even though he had been there.

He felt like he wasn't in charge of his own life. Sometimes he felt like he was going to fall asleep, and then he would have no recollection of what happened in the next few hours.

Wiped. Just like that.

But maybe it was better that way.

-------

Jungkook wouldn't consider himself a medical professional, yet he could tell when something wasn't right. And in all the years that he had known Yoongi, he could tell that something was very different about him.

He was one way sometimes and other times, he was different. Like, very different. It was as if Yoongi consisted of two very different people. One version loved to sleep, one was energetic and loud. Jungkook had put it off to mood swings many times. But surely, Yoongi didn't have such dramatic mood swings so often?

Quite honestly, Jungkook was worried. Was something going on?

Yoongi also forgot things a lot...

Jungkook had a lot of figuring out to do.

-------

"Is everything okay Yoongi?" Jin asked.

Yoongi nodded. His face was pale, but his eyes had a reddish tone around them. He had been crying.

"I'm really tired," he said in a low voice.

"Ah..." Jin didn't make any more comments, but patted Yoongi's shoulder.

Jungkook eyed Yoongi carefully. No matter the occasion, Yoongi always looked sad and gloomy. He wanted to ask him what was wrong, but Yoongi always gave the same answer. That he was "tired" and "hadn't gotten much sleep at night." Lies. Jungkook knew he was lying.

"Were you crying?" he asked.

Yoongi looked at him in surprise. "Why... no-no, no I wasn't."

"You can't lie to save your life Yoongi," Jin said. His eyes crinkled as his voice became more gentle. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Yoongi furiously shook his head. "I'm tired."

"I can stay with you tonight. You'll sleep well if you see how I sleep," Jungkook quickly said.

"That's a great idea!" Jin said. "That way, if you need anything Yoongi, Jungkook can be there for you."

Jungkook didn't miss the brief flash of fear that went across Yoongi's face. Yoongi was scared? Was he hiding something? But he couldn't investigate the expression further. Yoongi quickly recovered and set his mouth in a straight line.