a reciprocal relationship

Juvia POV

"I call for the 1st Amendment; ought to cease,"  I shouted.

I took a shot. I didn't know whether I could cast the spell or not.

The power of the amendments. It was a power all horsemen had access to, it was a way to ensure equality between them. No doubt, some of them were far superior over the other but with the power of amendments, they were all equal and none triumph over the other. However, it takes years to master. It was also a form of corrective measures. In case one powerful horseman decides to abuse their powers, their peers, whom may not be as powerful as them, could tap on the power of amendments to correct their wrongdoings.

A light blue magic circle appeared on the ground. A strong wind gushed over—I was about to fly away from the ground before Gray held my arm tightly. The wind blew the dark stormy clouds and alas, the bright sun showed itself.

"I haven't seen the sun in decades," I whispered in awe. The sun was surely a sign of hope.

"My head hurts," Minerva winced as she slowly got up.

I smiled. The power of the amendments really does work.

*flashback during training

"Why do I need to learn the power of the amendments. My Magic is one of the strongest out there," I said.

Bethany simply laughed, "I know that arrogance from anywhere! That's exactly what your mother said as well," She replied while handing me a cup of tea.

"I could learn top tier spells from my own magic," I added.

Bethany shook her head. She held her finger up and immediately, I fell on the ground with a sharp pain in my abdomen.

"Bethany! Stop it hurts!" I cried while curling up into a ball on the floor.

"Stop me," she simply responded.

"Eternal moonlight!" I shouted.

However, nothing occured.

"What?" I panted in confusion while hugging my stomach tightly.

Suddenly, a light blue magic circle revealed itself.

"What did you do?" I could barely mutter any words.

"First amendment forgo; ought to recommence," Bethany snapped her fingers and the circle faded away.

She unbutton her blouse, revealing a knife stabbed onto her abdomen.

"Second amendment forgo; ought not to bear," she chanted.

The pain immediately stopped but Bethany winced in pain.

"Those painkillers were a joke," she sighed as she pulled out the knife and heal herself.

"What did you do?" I frantically asked as I stood up.

"You implied your magic was superior but I proved you wrong. The first amendment prevented you from  harnessing your powers and the second, made you bear my pain," she said.

I raised an eyebrow, "When did you cast those spells and when did you stab yourself?" I questioned.

Bethany simply laughed.

"You're crazy Beth," I rolled my eyes before cheekily smiling, "Okay, teach me the power of the amendments now."

*flashback ends

"I'm glad the rain stopped!" Wendy smiled a little.

I nodded my head.

"I need you guys to find Gajeel," I commanded.