isolation

A/N I'm updating daily, once I'm finished, I would go back to heavily editing the first few chapters <3
.
The truth is, I prepared all the chapters beforehand, I'm just posting them now

Lucy POV

Beverly and Bethany brought Juvia and I into the forest again but this time, way deeper into it. The forest was again, split into 2 different paths but instead, magic radiates immensely from both paths which terrifies me honestly.

We stopped the moment we saw the 2 paths. One path was dark, with no light source at all. The other was white. Just plain white. Nothing was in the paths, not even trees.

"Well Juvia, guess this is goodbye." I smiled, looking at Juvia who was standing opposite me.

My eyes were feeling heavy, I've been holding back the tears. I spread my arms, thinking she would hug back but she did not.

"Yes, goodbye Lucy." Juvia said.

My lips were twitching from a frown to a smile. But nonetheless, I still smiled.

I placed my hands down. "Goodluck for your training."

Suddenly, Juvia walked closer to me and stand by my side. She didn't make any eye contact.

"Lucy.. I'm sorry if I'm cold. But whatever it is, I love you." She whispered.

I felt something wet on the tip of my eyelids. "I'm sorry if I can't fathom your sadness anymore.." I whispered softly.

She looked at me and smiled a little. Who knows. Maybe this would be the last smile I saw from her. A tear drop rolled down my cheeks. Then we separated.

-4 years later-

"Yay! I'm going to see Juvia!!" I giggled.

Beverly nodded. She was walking in front while I was following her out of the training zone. I came to realise a lot of things about my power. My power was heckin sick! I can create life but my power was never meant to kill others, only harm them fatally. I swore to Beverly that I would never hurt others except for protection, it's a vow all Daughter Of The Stars made.

My hair has grown too. It reached my hips, just like Beverly's hair. I had a scar on my left cheek.

Suddenly, I saw something dark. It has to be the other path. In front of the path, waiting for us, were 2 cloaked figures. The cloaks were navy blue silk with silver linings while Beverly and I's cloak were velvet red silk with gold linings.

"Juvia!" I hollered.

One of the cloaked figure took down the hood, revealing Juvia. She had a scar under her right eye and her blue wavy hair was cut short. I jumped towards her and gave her a tight hug.

"I miss you!!" I said, squishing our cheeks together.

Slowly, I felt her hands wrapped around me as well. "I miss you too.." She murmured.

I let go and smiled at Bethany. Weirdly, she had a very odd and disturbed look, like as if something bad happened.

"So, when are we meeting the other horsemen? I want to see their powers!" I exclaimed.

Bethany and Beverly exchanged glances. "Soon enough." Bethany laughed awkwardly.

Beverly POV

I didn't know how to tell them. During our training, we got a call from the other guardians that The Sons Of War came after the other horsemen, slaughtering them all without mercy. I've been protecting Lucy all this while and so have Bethany with Juvia. If they died, nobody would protect the realm anymore.

We made our way into the house, where Lucy pulled Juvia to the kitchen and inspect what's left of the fridge. As expected, nothing was left but rotten fruit with worms wiggling out.

"Ew!" Lucy stuck her tongue out and slammed the fridge door closed.

"That's disgusting." Juvia scoffed.

That night, the girls luckily went to bed early. Bethany and I decided to chat on the dinner table.

"Beth.. what should we do? They're coming for them. You know we're not strong enough to fight them!" I bursted out.

Beth looked stress but she was trying her best to stay calm. "We can't protect them forever. They need to defend themselves, fortunately their training is done."

I nodded my head. "I don't know what type of magic Aaron was able to grab hold of now. But I do know he will stop at nothing and kill everything in his way." I shivered as I remembered his face, staring down at all of us before summoning a huge demon into our world.

"Aaron personally appointed the new Son of War. His name is 09. Aaron stripped him off his name." Bethany spat bitterly.

Aaron was the The Son Of War. He was a talented kid. Good looking as well. He has raven hair and blue eyes. Every woman fallen for him. Too bad, he betrayed us. From our secret intel, 09 is as old as Lucy and Juvia. His appearance is still unknown.

"Then what do we do tomorrow?" I asked.

Bethany pushed her hair to the back of her ears with her fingers. "We have to let them go. To be independent, we can't risk being with them since Aaron already knows where we live and who we are. He has yet to know the identity of the last 2 remaining horseman." Bethany sighed.

"I'll give them some jewels." I mumbled.

Bethany nodded. "I hope they have a good life and defend themselves. With them gone," Bethany looked at me in the eye. "We have to find Aaron and 09 to take them down." Tears were brimming her eyes.

I gasped. "The other guardians tried to do that but they died.."

Bethany quickly wiped her tears. "We have to..to keep the girls safe."

I looked away. I couldn't face Bethany. "I hope the girls join a guild or something." I muttered.