contradict

Juvia POV

I fluttered my eyes open and groggily sat up.

"Ow.."

Every part of my body ached.

I looked around me. Everything was destroyed! The ground was pitch black and the trees were..white?

"Juvia?" Lucy called out.

I turned around and saw Lucy sitting on the ground while holding her bruised arm.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Our magic contradicted.." I sighed heavily.

Lucy tilt her head to the left in confusion. I saw question marks hovering above her head.

"Didn't Beverly at least spend the first 3 months going through theory things with you?" I asked.

Lucy shook her head and laughed.

"Well, there's something called The Contradiction. It's when 2 powerful spell goes against each other. If neither is unable to overpower the other, they'll cause an explosion! And destroy everything," I explained.

"Has that ever happened before?" Lucy asked.

"Of course! Beverly told me that the worse Contradiction that had occurred was between Son Of  The Wind and The Daughter Of Mother Earth. It was havoc!" I chuckled while imagining Beverly's smiling face.

"The other horsemen.." Lucy smiled.

I looked down at my feet and smiled too, "Yeah, wish we could meet them. Beverly was great friends with their guardians and she told me that they were wonderful people," I said.

Lucy nodded, "Bet they were too."

Suddenly, she frowned, "So what are we going to do about this place? I'm afraid Aaron may find out."

"Whatever it is, he can't identify that it's our magic so he can't track us thanks to these cloaks but he'll definitely be suspicious once he sees the physical destruction," I tap my chin and started thinking of a solution.

"I'll just reverse it!" Lucy lift her arms and the whole area glowed yellow.

My eyes widened. Reverse...

The Whitening.

"Wait, Lucy!" I called out.

She looked at me, indirectly asking me "what?".

"Were you going to perform The Whitening when facing Aaron?" I mumbled.

Lucy's eyes widened, "How did you know?"

The rocks and dirt—basically the whole ground started shaking and rearranging itself back to smooth land.

"Bethany."

Lucy raised an eyebrow, "Bethany? How?"

"Doesn't matter," I grumbled.

"Lucy that spell is not what you think it is," I added.

Lucy moved her hand in the air and the white trees turned green again. Flowers began blooming gracefully and the stars started reappearing and twinkling brightly.

"Okay..what is it then? Since you obviously know more about my powers than me," Lucy spat defensively.

"It requires a sacrifice. And the sacrifice depends on what type of magic you're undoing. Since you're undoing blood magic, it requires blood...life sacrifice Luce," I informed worriedly.