Chapter 38

Don't forget to vote!

Xavier's POV

It's been about a week since the incident... and Arii still hasn't waken up. The doctors and nurses come in daily and check on her vitals, telling me that she's fine. If that were true, why the hell isn't she waking up?

The doctor from the other day forgot to inform me that Axarii was put into a small coma due to the accident. He said that only she could wake herself up. So why won't she? Is she afraid? Is she upset with me?

So many questions wandered around in my mind. I don't know what to do. What can I do?

And there's been no sign of Bryant anywhere. He's hiding, that son of a bitch. Brother or not.

He's fucking dead.

Hurting his own sister. His own blood who didn't even ask to be here, it's not her fault their mother passed while giving birth. He should know that.

I got just about the majority of my men out scouting in and out of the area, looking for him. He won't be gone too long.

"Come on Xavier... you've been here for a week. She's not waking up anytime soon." My brother, Maddox spoke out softly before placing a hand on my shoulder. I brushed him off of me, continuing to watch Axarii.

He then sighed, "Seriously, just look at yourself. Do you think she would want to see you in this state? You haven't eaten or barely slept- hell you haven't even taken a damn shower!" He exclaimed.

I shot up from my seat before grabbing him by his shirt, "You don't tell me what to do Maddox! So what if I haven't slept or eaten. Axarii has suffered so much shit because of me! And I can't take any of it back, it's not going to change the bloody past.

No matter the time and effort I put into it things just get worse by the day. I may not have hurt her physically but I wounded her mentally and emotionally. This things I said that day... how she looked at me when I said I wanted a divorce, when she signed the papers... how badly I wanted to believe her.

But I didn't. I fucked everything up by not listening to my own wife. I pushed her away because that's what I was taught to do, it felt natural. But it broke me on the inside...

All of this drama for what? Why us? I just want to live the rest of my life with her and our kids!" I yelled out, my voice cracking at the end.

I was angry.

No.

I AM angry.

I was now crying. My vision blurry. After releasing Maddox he hugged me. I wanted to push him away but I couldn't, I was too tired. Both physically and emotionally.

A small laugh escaped from him, "I just realized, we haven't hugged like this since we were kids." He muttered out. He was right.

"Yeah because that's when Kayes started teaching us on how to handle our feelings, how to not express them." I added.

"We'll look at you now. You're crying, expressing your feelings." He stated. I could practically see the smirk on his face and it made me want to do nothing more than punch him again.

"Don't think this changes things-" I began.

"Oh this definitely does!" He exclaimed while messing up my hair, making me even more upset. I had to turn around to hide the small smile that formed on my face.