1.2 - OAA

"This school year class we are going to be introducing a new system called OAA or known as 'Over All Ability', everyone take out your phone and follow along to my instructions. First, you will have to navigate to the school's homepage to find the application, install it once you see it. Once you have it installed just wait until I can tell everyone has it installed."

I was admittedly struggling I wasn't quite used to using a cell phone yet, I was one of the last people to install the app. After I put down my phone and nod at Akira-sensei that the 'Over All Ability' app is installed correctly he continues.

"You guys are not the only class that will be installing this app this year, in fact, every student on campus is. This tool will be a useful tool while you are attending ANHS. Seeing is believing, I would like you all to click on the app now. The first thing that should pop up is your phone's camera, you need to take a picture of your Student ID. The app should scan your ID card for its information."

"Sensei, the app is not correctly scanning my ID card – any tips?" said a girl in the front row

"If you are having trouble just try again, there are still a few bugs in the app as we had to rush to make it." Replied Akira-sensei

"Once you all have your ID card scanned you should notice that you each have your personal account, moving forward you will not have to scan your ID card anymore to log in to the app. Your account is linked directly to your phone so be careful not to lose your phone!"

After logging into the app I see my personal information...

Class 1-A – Ayanokōji Kiyotaka

First-Year Evaluations

Academic Ability: (A+)

Physical Ability: (???)

Adaptability: (???)

Social Contributions: (???)

Overall Ability: (???)

"Akira - sensei, this is like a video game!" said a boy with average looks staring at the screen with stars in his eyes.

"That's correct Muranaka-kun, the school has calculated those ratings for each of you based upon your accomplishments in middle school or in some cases your entrance exam scores. The OAA system was an idea by the current student council president, he wanted you to be able to see your ratings then work towards furthering them, we hope that by seeing your scores you become motivated to do better in the future. Any questions so far?"

I was debating on whether or not I should ask why my scores show as questions marks, however, if the scores are based on my accomplishments in middle school, I can see why they don't have that information, this also raises some questions. If the school is in touch with your middle school how much do they know about the students that were admitted... As much as I would love to ask Akira-sensei these questions I'm going to withhold them for right now.

"Since there are no questions, I want you all to look and click on the question mark in the top right corner of your phone's screen. Upon pressing it, it should give you a detailed explanation of each of the different categories on your profile."

Academic Ability: Based upon your written scores conducted through your time in school.

Physical Ability: Calculated based on your performance in physical education, club activities, and other physical endeavors.

Adaptability: Calculated based on your capacity to adapt to the world around you. This includes the ability to think on your feet, your communication skills, the size of your social circle, and whether you act in a way befitting of your social standing.

Social Contribution: Calculated based on certain factors, such as but not limited to your attitude in class, your attendance record, the presence of potentially problematic behavior, or your contribution to the school programs or clubs.

Overall Ability: A student's comprehensive ability is derived from the four values listed above. However, the effect of social contribution on the overall score is reduced by half compared to the other three values.

*Formulate for how Overall Ability is calculated:

(Academic Ability + Physical Ability + Adaptability + (Social Contribution*0.5)) / 350 *100(Rounded)

"Sensei, are we only able to see our own scores, or are we able to see everyone in the school's scores." I asked

"Currently at this time you will only be able to see your own scores, now if you wish to show your friends what your scores are you are free to do so."

This all makes sense; this also gives hints towards the S-system and how we must conduct ourselves in class but will my classmates be able to notice this? It's really none of my concern. It's a good thing that social contribution only affects my overall score by half compared to the other categories. I really don't plan on doing more than I have to...

"One last thing, on the last day of the month the person who has highest 'Overall Ability' in the class will be given an extra 10,000 private points. We hope that this system will motivate you all." Said Akira-sensei with a grin on his face.

"Akira-sensei, will the class know who receives those points, or is it anonymous?"

"Ahh, good question Higa-chan, the points will be given anonymously it's up to that person if they would like to tell the class they have received them or not. Any more questions? My time is almost up."

That's good that makes it easier to move in the shadows, while I intend to show my abilities to an extent, I will not work more than I have to. Those extra points may be required in the future, if what I'm thinking about the S-System turns out correct points will be important in the future.

"Great, no one has any more questions. Wow – that was quite a lot of talking my throat is parched. I will see you all tomorrow bright and early for the first official day of school!" Akira-sensei then proceeded to walk out of the classroom.

'This school is turning out to be more interesting than I initially thought, maybe I can enjoy myself here' 

---------------------------------------------------

As you can see just a simple chapter about OAA. I really like the idea however I changed it to fit the current SCP's attitude. I think that this makes sense.

Thank you for reading,

-Eli :)