1.5 - Shopping

After we finished mapping out the rest of the security cameras Fūka and I made our way towards Keyaki mall.

"That took quite a while, even though the school is government funded doesn't seem that excessive to you Fūka?" I ask.

"Maybe they had problems in the past and they had to install more cameras, I'm sure there was a lot of trial and error when it came to the rules of this school, anyways I almost forgot to ask you." She paused waiting for my reply.

"Ask me what?"

"Your question to Akira-sensei, it even left me lost, what do you mean do you pay your taxes?"

"Oh, well would you like to know now or wait until May 1st? You may find it more interesting to wait until then once I figure out more about the S-System, everything I think right now is simply speculation, deductions based upon what we've seen or heard so far."

"I see, I will wait. Now let's stop talking about the S-System and relax our minds, let's enjoy some shopping. What do you say?"

I simply nod at her

The first store we visited was a clothing store, this is a good chance for me to pick up some extra outfits, I don't want to just have my uniform as my only outfit.

"Fūka I'm going to check out the men's section, just let me know when you're ready to leave," I tell her.

"What are you doing? Aren't you going to be a gentleman and help me pick out outfits that look good on me?"

I really don't want people to misunderstand our relationship but I know this girl won't take no for an answer. I'll have to negotiate.

"How about this, I will help you with your outfits if you help me pick out the best ice cream flavor at the store later?"

I've never had ice cream before, it's actually something that I've been looking forwards to eating. I've read all about it "a soft frozen food made with sweetened and flavored milk fat." The pictures that I saw accompanied by its definition make it look appetizing, unfortunately, THAT MAN didn't less us stray from our diet. We had a very strict diet.

"You make it seem like you've never had ice cream before," Fūka replied.

"I haven't my father was very strict about what I could eat."

"Mhm, I won't pry but yes, sure that sounds fair, but you know friends don't constantly try to negotiate for help, they help each other because they are friends." Honestly one of the things that I will admit about Fūka is she hasn't asked me about my past yet, almost like she knows I will avoid those questions.

"Duly noted, it would mean more though if you didn't forcefully follow me earlier."

"Oh, but who is getting a cooking date with me later?" she teased.

*sigh* "It's not a date."

'Dealing with this girl is troublesome.' I thought to myself

"Did you just think something rude about me?" she asked.

'Is this a women's intuition? Scary.' "No, I was just thinking we should hurry up I'm getting tired." I lied.

Fūka smirks at me then proceeds to pick out clothes from every aisle. A large number of clothes I must say. I can already tell this going to be troublesome. I just wanted to get in and out, is this what they mean when they say women are trouble or is it just this particular woman. She motions for me to come to changing room and sit, I wait for her to come out.