1.14 - A Celebratory Day (1)

I was currently running late to classes; I had spent most of my morning trying to put the finishing touches on the cake I learned how to bake last night. The internet said that a cake was an essential part of a person's birthday, but with no prior baking experiences, it took me a few attempts to make a result I was satisfied with. I also had to plan other parts of the day; I digress. I hope today goes smoothly.

I was already about 5 minutes late to class, and I had just left my door room. Since I was already late, decided to walk to class. Exiting the elevator, I made my to the school while looking up at the blue sky. I wouldn't have guessed even a week ago I would be attempting to throw a birthday party for someone.

Stuck in my thoughts, I had finally reached my classroom door; I slid it open to be welcomed by the stares of all my classmates and Akira-sensei.

"Great to you have joined us Ayanokōji-kun," Akira-sensei said jokingly.

"Sorry, Akira-sensei I ran into some trouble this morning." I went over to my chair and sat down.

"Just try not to make it a habit Ayanokōji-kun."

I nodded

The day continued and I sat there inattentive to the teachers, constantly switching my line of sight between the teachers and looking outside. I was almost uneasy about what I was doing today... Is it because it's the unknown for me?

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

The sound of the bell took me out of my thoughts and it signified the end of the day, I turned my attention to my seatmate.

"Fūka."

She turned to me "Hmm?"

"I've got something to show you, can you to my room with me?" I asked.

Apparently saying this right after the bell rang when there were a lot of classmates still in the room had earned me a few stares.

"Yeah, sure what's up?" Fūka casually replied.

"I'll show you when we get to my room."

We both got up and started to head out of the classroom when Fukushima ran up to me.

"Sorry to interrupt you guys, can I talk to you for a second Ayanokōji-kun?" he asked me.

I nodded

He pulled me close to him and whispered, "I thought you said you don't like Kiryūin-san?"

"I don't, I'm showing her something I made." This is clearly a misunderstanding.

Fukushima sighed in relief "If you say so Ayanokōji-kun, it's just suspicious when you guys are so close."

"I told you, yesterday didn't I? No need to get so nervous." I tried to reassure him.

"You're right, sorry I didn't mean to make this awkward." He bowed slightly.

"It's fine Fukushima, we all make mistakes. Anyways I need to go." I started to walk away.

"Thanks, Ayanokōji-kun!" He yelled from behind me.

I walked back to Fūka "You ready?" I asked.

"What was that about," she asked.

"Maybe I'll tell you one day" I tried to tease her.

"Hoh, I see you are learning" pausing to flash me a smirk "Unlucky for you I don't care enough to know."

"I see" Fūka was probably telling the truth, she really doesn't care enough about our classmates.

"Anyways Kiyo~ why were you late to school today, that's really unlike you." Now she was trying to tease me.

"Like I said something came up, it's actually what I want to show you." Hopefully, she will drop the topic.

"Hmm. I see; well I can't wait to see. You aren't usually this pushy." She smirked.

We arrived at the dorm building and went up the elevator. Arriving on the fourth floor, we entered my room.

"Wait for a second, Fūka can you turn around?" I know she would question it but It had to be done.

"Why?" she asked.

"Just for like 5 seconds, I need to grab something"

"..... You're being pretty unusual today but sure I'll turn around for 5 seconds." Fūka then turned around.

I quickly went and grabbed the gift I bought yesterday with Asahina.

"Alright you can turn around" Fūka turns around to see me holding up her gift. "Happy Birthday Fūka" I tried my best to sound as celebratory as possible.

What happened next surprised me. She just looked at the gift and at me, not saying anything. We just stood in silence.

So I decided to say it again. "Happy birthday Fū—"

Fūka interrupted me by embracing me resting her chin on my shoulder. "I heard you the first time... I was just surprised you knew it was my birthday."

I decided to hug her back "I wouldn't have known if you didn't have it on your chat app, you also decided not to tell me."

She let go took a step back and flashed me a genuine smile. "Thank you Kiyotaka,"

"Isn't this what friends are for?" I handed over her present "Open it up "

"You're right I just didn't expect this type of thing from you," She started to unwrap her present until she saw the black headband "I did not expect this..."

"Does that mean you don't like it?" maybe I made a mistake and should have gotten her jewelry as the internet said.

"It's quite the opposite, I saw this a few days ago but decided to buy it later... Thank you, Kiyo, " Fūka smiled again while putting on the headband.

'That genuine smile is dangerous'

"Well, your birthday just started so why don't you go get changed into some casual clothes and meet me in the lobby in an hour?" I asked her.

"Sounds good, I'm excited to see what you have planned." She said before leaving.

After she left I decided to change my clothes. I threw on some jeans and a hoodie and relaxed a little before I headed down to the lobby. I left about 10 minutes earlier than we planned and waited in the lobby, I was playing with my phone while I waited for Fūka.

"Kiyo!" Fūka was waving at me as she got off the elevator.

I waved back and she walked up next to me. "I like that headband Fūka" I tried to crack a joke.

Not even cracking a smile she replied "Yes, it's very nice, anyways Kiyo what do you have planned?"

"Well, I thought we could see a movie first if that's fine with you?"

Fūka nodded, and we started walking towards Keyaki mall together, our shoulders lightly brushing up against each other and neither of us caring. We were getting stares from other students but it didn't matter; this day wasn't about me. It was for Fūka.

______________________________________

I had to cut the chapter into 2 parts for some reason due to Wattpad being weird.