1.8 - First-day of school pt. 1

After arriving in my dorm room completely covered in sweat from my workout, I made my way into the bathroom, took off my clothes and climbed into the shower, I turned the faucet to the hottest possible setting and closed my eyes placing my head right under the faucet, and tilted my face towards the wall so the shower head was mainly hitting the top of my head just letting the water flow down my face allowing me to only hear the sound of water flowing past my ears, I had to take breaths from my mouth as the water was running past my nostrils. If I could stay in this position forever I would. Unfortunately, time would not allow me, my day had to start. I proceeded to wash my body and step out of the shower once I was done. Grabbing the towel hanging from the back of the bathroom door and drying myself off, I walked out of the bathroom completely naked and into my bedroom to check that message received earlier.

I noticed that the message from earlier was from Fūka. I wonder why she sent me one so early.

Fūka – [Nice 🧐] - 6:30 AM

'What did she mean by nice?' I thought to myself.

Ayanokōji – [Nice? What, why are you saying nice?] - 7:00 AM

I got a reply almost instantly

Fūka – [Maybe I'll tell you at lunch Kiyo~ 😛] - 7:01 AM

*sigh* The day hasn't even started yet and I've already sighed, today is going to be a troubling day. I know Fūka has her trademark grin right now hoping to get a reaction out of me. I'll just confront her later about what she sent me.

I plug my phone into the charger then walk over to my closet to pick out my school uniform. I put everything on except the blazer and tie since I need to still cook for Fūka and I.

I walk over to the kitchen and take out the supplies I will need for breakfast and lunch, I searched up on my phone a recipe to help me make lunches and I follow it to a T. Once I finished cooking everything, I packed up Fūka and I's lunch and head to my bed with a piece of toast in my mouth. I was browsing through the news when I noticed the time.

"I need to hurry or I will be late on the first day," I said out loud.

I put on my blazer and tie; grabbed my bag and stuff the two bento boxes in it. I take the elevator down to the first floor of the dormitory and walk towards the school. As I'm making my way towards the school, I notice the stares from other students making me wonder If did something. I try my best to look like I don't notice them and walk to my classroom, once I make it there, I slide the door open to also notice my classmates starring at me. The girls are staring at me and whispering to each... while the guys are looking at me with contempt.

'What did I do?' I walk over to my seat and start thinking about all the different things that I've done in the last day. Once I reach my desk, I pull out my chair – take a seat and stare aimlessly outside still trying to ignore the stares from my classmates.

A few minutes later I sensed that there were two people walking in my direction but I kept looking outside the window ignoring their presence. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned my head to see a girl I haven't met but I think her name was Oshiro Ayano, she was pretty quiet in her introduction yesterday. I also see that Fūka has arrived and was snickering from her seat.

"Yes?" I asked Oshiro-san.

"H-h-hi Ayanokōji-kun, I was wondering if I could get your contact information?" she asked while she was looking around the room nervously. I could see Fūka now barely managing to hold in her laughter.

I turn my attention back to Oshiro-san, I look her into her eyes and ask, "May I know why?"

"I-I'm trying to get everyone's contact information in our class so we can all be friends," she told me still not able to look me in the eyes. Honestly, this girl looks like a mess right now, she is so nervous her hands are shaking. I wonder why she is this nervous asking for my contact information.

"Sure Oshiro-san, I understand here you go." I write down my information and hand it to her.

She flashes me a smile and says "Y-You know my name?"

I can still see Fūka from behind her just staring at us while holding in her laughter, she was on the verge of tears.

"Of course, I remember everyone's name that introduced themselves yesterday." I calmly replied.

"W-Well thank you Ayanokōji-kun, I hope we can talk later!" before I could respond she ran over to her desk surrounded by her friends.

I was about to ask Fūka why she was on the verge of tears from holding in her laughter however the door slides open to reveal Akira-sensei. The school day had finally started.

For the first day of class, the teachers spent most of the time running through the course objectives. Everyone in class A was just following along. We also met the teachers from the other classes.

The teachers for the following class are:

Class 1B – Yukio Hatoyama: He teaches Japanese history, he has short brown hair and brown eyes. He is very tall if I had to guess he would be around 185 cm tall but he was also quite skinny. He gave off quite an indifferent attitude in his lectures which will make for his lectures to be quite boring.

Class 1C - Kaori Kobayashi: She teaches English, she is very pretty she has blond hair that she wears into a ponytail, and has very pretty green eyes. She reminds me of a businesswoman. Not much can be said for her attitude at this time.

Class 1D - Kaho Shimada: She teaches social studies, most of the students believed she was another student when she walked through the door due to how short she was. She had purple eyes and very long blonde hair that reached her lower back. She was very serious though, probably due to a lot of people mistaking her as a child.

The bell rang soon after Kaho-sensei finished with her course objectives. It was time for lunch and I had a few things I wanted to check out in the cafeteria. I was going to invite Fūka to come with me but instead, I had someone ask me to join them which surprised me.

"Would you like to join us for lunch Ayanokōji-kun?" asked Kiriyama, behind him I could see some of my classmates.

It wasn't a bad idea to join him, I could try to make new friends with my classmates but I wasn't sure if Fūka would join me with them.

"Do you mind if I invite someone?" I asked Kiriyama.

"No, I don't think we mind," he said while looking back at our classmates for confirmation. They all nodded their heads to him.

"Sounds good Kiriyama, I will meet you at the cafeteria is that fine?" I didn't really want to want my classmates to see me hand a bento to Fūka.

Kiriyama Nods, he and his friends turn and walk out the door towards the cafeteria. I take this time to talk to Fūka and hand her the bento I made.

"Fūka," I said.

She turned her head towards me "Let me guess you want to join you with Kiriyama for lunch?"

"Yes and no, well it's up to you but –" I paused to see if she was still listening.

"But?" she responded.

"I actually want to see what food the cafeteria offers, if a student runs out of points do you think the school offers free food for them?"

She nodded and started understanding what I was hinting at "Oh so that's what you want. Hehehe~ you sure are interesting Kiyo. I may fall for you at this rate" she teased.

I sighed and thought 'troublesome women' but it seems like she understood completely what my intentions are. I ignored that last part and was wait just waiting for her response.

"Sure, I will join you this time Kiyo~ I still need to tell you about what my text meant earlier anyways." This time she responded with a smile on her face.... It was a nice sight.

We left the classroom and made our way towards the cafeteria together.

________________________________________

Hope you enjoy ~!

Thanks for reading,

-Eli :)