Chapter Six

(Enjoy reading! I am enjoying this book so much already!)

"Is there any specific reason you did not have a lot of things to bring with you?" Cade questioned as he carried Victor's bag with him to the car. It was only the single bag and a box; the poor boy did not seem to own much more than that.

"After I quit my job, I sold a lot of things for money. So, I do not have a lot and what I do have is not worth wasting the time to go get." Victor explained as he watched the male place the two things onto the back seat before Cade opened the passenger seat for him.

"Okay, that means we need to get you a few things to set your apartment up." Cade hummed quietly as he sat in the front seat. He reached over, placing his hand on Victor's lap. Though he was startled at the male's jolt, his eyes flickering to him.

"S-Sorry." Victor sighed quietly, running a hand over his face as he shook his head. Yet Cade did not seem bothered, simply offering a smile as he began to drive and retracted his hand.

"It is fine, I did not mean to catch you off guard. What is bothering you so much?"

"I just haven't been on my own for a while. I'm nervous." He admitted as he reached over, hesitantly grabbing the male's hand to pull back to his lap.

"Don't be nervous. I do not live far, and you only need to call me if something is wrong. Now, until your bed is delivered you will be staying with me. That is okay, right?" Cade felt the need to double check with him, his eyes flickering to him. He received an immediate nod as Victor offered him a shy smile.

"Your house is nice." That caused Cade to laugh, amused by his words.

"You will need some pots and pans to cook for yourself. Some groceries...there are a variety of things we should get, actually." Cade seemed to be talking more to himself as he focused on the road. After little time, he pulled up to a store and the younger male read the sign curiously.

"Home goods?"

"Yes, we can get anything you need here." The male's voice was kind as he got out, making his way around to open his door. Though he scowled upon seeing Victor had already opened it, moving to poke him on the forehead.
"That is my job." He scolded. Victor gave a small nod, offering him his hand as he began to walk. He kept forgetting that Cade was so different from his ex.

The male seemed willing to let him be comfortable and happy even. He was not ordering him around or threatening him. It was different, but the change was welcomed. He did not know how much longer he could have survived under Shawn and his abusive tendencies. While he did not want to admit the help he needed, it was clear in every way he accepted what Cade offered to him.

"I really do not want to spend a lot of your money." Victor mumbled as he walked, his arm brushing Cade's as he did so. He felt the urge to hold the male's hand, yet he still was unsure on what their relationship was. He desired the comfort of another, but Cade had made it clear he wanted to give him time to recover from Shawn.

"It is fine. We will just buy the necessities for now. At least one pot and pan. A set of dinnerware and silverware. Small things like that which you will need." Cade reassured him as he grabbed a buggy and guided him through the store to the kitchen section first. He could only offer a nod as he eagerly looked around. There were a lot of different home items, and he could not help but grow more excited as they reached the kitchen area.

"Oh, it is so nice!" He gushed as he looked at the variety of baking items, his eyes wide.

"Do you enjoy cooking?" Cade sounded amused as he leaned on the buggy, simply watching Victor as he picked up different items and studied them as though they were the most precious thing ever. His words seemed to snap the young male out of his excitement, his lips pressing together before he placed the whisk in his hand down.