Chapter Eleven

(I apologize for the long delay! Writing has been a struggle lately, but I am trying really hard to keep updating. Anyways, I hope everybody enjoys the story and shares their thoughts!)

Victor woke up with a quiet groan, rolling over onto his stomach. He blinked a few times before realizing he was alone, eyes flickering around his new apartment. It was chilly and he tugged his soft blankets around him before checking his phone. There was a single text from Cade.

'I made it home safe, foxy. Tomorrow/later tonight I work late again, and I will be sleeping a lot. I will see you Monday. Be safe, call if you need me 😘.' A small smile played on Victor's lips as his finger brushed over the kissy face emoji included in the text. It was nice having somebody who shared where he was at without only expecting it from Victor.

He recalled his previous conversation with Cade from the night before as he made his way to the kitchen.

"You should start looking for a job this weekend while I am busy. I will leave my laptop at your house for you to use, just do not break it. If you need anything, you can use Uber, but make sure to inform me and please be safe when doing it."

"Yes, sir. I will." Victor promised, though he had no intentions of leaving his house if he could help it. He was thankful, however, that Cade was trying to encourage him to take his independence back, something he had lost while with Shawn. The smile Cade gave him seemed to warm him.

"Good, little foxy. I hope you find a few options and if you get an interview, I am happy to take you at any time."

Victor chewed his lip as he sat on his bed, a cover wrapped around his shoulders while the Iron Man cover was laid over his lap. A small smile played on his lips as he ran his fingers over the material before opening the laptop and pulling Google up. He searched different locations around them that were hiring, studying the different jobs. There were a few receptionist jobs which did not interest him too much, though he wrote them down just in case. However, he was most excited about the job at a pet store. He had always enjoyed animals, and this would be a perfect opportunity to get to see them every day.

He jumped at the sound of his phone ringing, glancing down to find Cade's name lit up the screen.
"Sir?" He bit his lip as he answered the phone and was met with a low chuckle.

"Foxy." Cade's voice was teasing, though Victor noticed it was thick with sleep and husky.
"Good morning."

"It is three in the evening." Victor pointed out, a small smile playing on his lips as he toyed with the cover wrapped around his shoulders.

"Hmm, it is my morning since I have work tonight." A low chuckle sounded through the phone, and he heard a low grunt, most likely Cade standing to get dressed.

"I am looking at jobs like you told me to." Victor said quietly, earning an approving hum. He could hear clothes rustling and assumed the male was getting dressed.

"Any of interest?" Cade sounded as if his interest had been peaked by his words and Victor nodded with a small smile. He liked that Cade seemed to care about his interest and the jobs he was considering.

"There is a pet store job. I would get to handle the animals and feed them and take care of them." He explained as he studied the job description provided.

"Pay?"

"It says $12.50 an hour." He explained earning a quiet chuckle from Cade.

"I wish I could hire you to work at the bar with me-"

"I don't want to owe Aiden that." Victor interrupted quickly before he quickly silenced himself, chewing his lip.
"I am sorry for interrupting you, sir."