Chapter Nineteen

"So...my parents are inviting me over for dinner tonight." Victor said softly as he cooked, his eyes flickering briefly to Cade who was sitting at the table while scrolling through his phone. He held a hot coffee in hand, his eyes looking to him as he spoke.

"That is a good thing, right?" Cade questioned lowly. It caused him to bite his lip as he flipped the pancake he was making. It had been a few days since the incident at the club and the male had since been acting as his normal self; it was something which Victor was thankful for. After a brief silence, Victor sighed and moved towards him with the pancake on a plate.

"I don't know." He grumbled as he sat down, sliding Cade his plate.

"I think it is. I told you I would like for you to reconnect with them." Cade chuckled quietly as he added butter to the pancake as well as sugar free syrup. Victor waited patiently before he did the same to his own.

"They would like to meet you as well." He said softly. His words caused Cade to blink a few times before his brows knitted.

"They do?"

"Yes, I told them what you did for me. How you let me stay with you and helped me get on my feet." He explained with a shy smile. Cade appeared amused but reached out to gently squeeze his hand.

"Go visit them. Perhaps next time I will go with you. I want you to reconnect with them first." Cade murmured as he watched Victor begin to eat his food. Though he had to admit, the idea of meeting the male's family was rather intimidating.

"Are you sure?" Victor hummed, hardly seeming bothered that he had said no. Cade chuckled quietly but nodded.

"I am sure. You should join them tonight, foxy. I will join you another." Victor gave an obedient nod as he ate before he stood and began to make himself an iced coffee. Cade wrinkled his nose as he watched, standing and beginning to wash their plates.
"Nasty."

The mumble had Victor gasping, bringing a hand to his chest.
"How rude!" He exclaimed. Cade simply gave him an amused grin, approaching to softly kiss the top of his head.

"Tonight, sleep here and I will sleep at my place. But I want you to call me to tell me how dinner goes." Cade murmured, brushing a thumb over Victor's hip. Victor immediately nodded in obedience.

"Yes, sir." The title made Cade chuckle as he drew back. He still wanted to allow Victor plenty of time to get accustomed to his own home without constantly having someone around.
"I think I would like to buy my parents something small." He added his head tilting slightly. It sounded like a nice idea after so long of not having seen them.

"Perhaps some flowers for your mother? A watch for your father? Matching watch and bracelet?" Cade suggested casually.

"That sounds expensive." Victor mumbled with a pout, crossing his arms.

"Walmart had sets of sterling silver for about $30. They don't turn green and can typically last. Then you could get the flowers if you wanted to. So around $50?" Cade suggested. Victor blinked a few times before he grinned slightly.

"That is expensive." He said teasingly before he nodded.
"I suppose I should go now."

"Be safe, beautiful." Cade murmured, moving to press a soft kiss to his lips. Victor nodded, kissing back before he moved to grab his phone. He ordered an Uber, something which had Cade grumbling about a car under his breath. Victor stuck his tongue out, quickly darting out the door with a yelp when Cade began to stand. He hurried out of his apartment with a weak laugh. Though he was startled to hear footsteps, waiting once he was outside. Turning around, he found Cade colliding with him, grasping his hips.