Chapter Twenty-One

"A date." Victor mumbled as he stared into his closet. Cade had agreed to bring him to his own apartment so he could choose between his clothing options. It had been a while since he last went on a date, unless his last trip to the movies with Shawn counted. A bitter smile played on his lips as he eyed his different clothes. After a little time, he finally chose a pair of jeans and a nice, olive-green shirt. He then pulled on a hoodie and his shoes before he made his way to the bathroom to touch up his hair. There was not much he felt he could do with his ginger hair, but he hated to leave it unkempt. He did his best to smooth it down before he heard a knock on the door. A squeak left his lips, and he quickly put on deodorant and a spritz of cologne before hurrying to the door.

His lips parted as he admired the sight of Cade on the other side. He was wearing a polo shirt with a pair of nice jeans as well as a pair of dress shoes. He also wore a jacket with his outfit. His hands rested casually in his pockets; his head tilted as he regarded Victor. Victor could smell his cologne, his eyes briefly fluttering closed before he smiled at him.

"You look nice."

"I am supposed to tell you that." Cade scowled at him, stepping forward to lightly poke his forehead. Afterward, he leaned down to kiss him in the same spot, his fingers resting lightly on Victor's hips.

"Where are we going?" He asked softly, pressing close to Cade. He enjoyed the close proximity of him, the weight of his hands on his hips feeling nice.

"I know a nice restaurant that has seafood and pasta. Both of what you wanted. After, we can see about a movie or something." Cade hummed lowly as he admired Victor fully before lightly kissing the top of his head. His hand took Victor's before he guided him from the apartment and to his car.

"What a gentleman." Victor grinned as Cade opened the car door for him. It caused Cade to chuckle as he slid into the car, beginning to drive. Victor shifted in his seat, his hand reaching over to grasp Cade's hand. He had little shame in pulling it to press against his thigh before he leaned back into his seat.

"What type of movie would you want to watch?" Cade hummed as he squeezed his thigh.

"No horror." Victor mumbled the words, causing Cade to let out a humorless chuckle.

"Of course, beautiful. No horror. Perhaps a romance? Or a comedy?"

"Comedy." The response was immediate, and Cade nodded his agreement. The drive went with little talking as Victor played with the radio, flipping through different stations. He was thankful Cade did not stop him, simply allowing him to flip through until he settled on a station to listen to.

"Do you have any idea what you want to eat?" Cade asked as they made their way into the restaurant. Victor considered the question, thinking carefully before he nodded.

"Shrimp Fettucine."

"Ew." Cade wrinkled his nose at his words, and Victor stared at him in disbelief, placing a hand over his chest as he feigned hurt.

"Ew?" He repeated, eyes wide.
"I might have to call this date off."

"Oh, don't do that." Cade huffed and nudged him. When they got to the podium, he informed the lady that it would be for two and they were guided to a booth. Victor found himself looking around curiously. The restaurant was nice, yet it hardly seemed over the top. As the menu was sitting in front of him, he opened it and glanced over it. The prices were decent, and he let out a soft sigh.

"This place seems nice." He hummed as his eyes flickered around the room.

"Are you okay if I get a drink?" Cade questioned lowly. Victor paused at the question, blinking before his head tilted.