Chapter Thirteen

Derek called security over as soon as Shawn had moved to follow Cade and Victor, explaining the situation so the man was removed from the premise.

Cade was relieved that the appearance of Shawn did not get Victor down for long. After a few minutes of simply holding onto him, Victor was chattering with Chris about Marvel. It was yet another thing that made him question if his suspicions were accurate. His eyes flickered to Derek who was watching and listening to the two, amusement clear on his face.

To Cade, it seemed like Chris was in between his stages. Not quite a little but still acting childish. Though Derek never called it Chris being little or acting little unless he was fully in that mind state. For some reason, Chris did not like it. So instead, Derek stuck with childish as the word to describe his in-between. Those little slips where he would act like he wanted to slip yet would not allow Derek to fully help him do so.

It was curious how Chris seemed to have so much control; though Derek had made it clear that it was not control as much as it was him refusing to admit when he slipped. It was up to Derek to determine when they would stay home so Chris could maintain the idea he had not slipped. For Chris, it was upsetting to slip without meaning to. It would anger him and upset him. Derek even said it scared him sometimes and made him feel like a freak.

Chris despised his little side, yet he loved when he could willingly embrace it. His little slips were what Cade could see in Victor and he briefly wondered if his little fox would ever completely slip. So far, he had not shown any signs of that. It was something he would need to do steady research on, otherwise he might upset Victor. Which was exactly where Derek came into play. The male had been educating himself on age regression and Cade hoped he could help him learn more as well.

Cade had been around Chris many times when he was little, and he found it enjoyable. The male acted childlike and carefree; it was refreshing and new. It was why he had encouraged Victor's small slip and why he hoped the boy might come to be comfortable with slipping. Even if he may not be a 'little' in his own mind, the qualities were there, and it was something Cade wanted to be sure he cherished.

Derek had talked to him before about how sensitive littles could be in their small mind state. It was important to understand their needs, but also to provide a guiding figure for them. A caregiver was what Derek had called it.

"DeDe, can I go dance with Victor?" Chris hummed, glancing up to his lover with a hopeful smile. It was adorable how Chris seemed to be in between his little stare and his big state, but Cade was also aware of how sensitive the spot was for Chris. He hated it, despite Derek's reassurance that it was normal and perfectly okay.

"Just be safe and stay where we can see you." Derek gave a small nod of approval, earning a grin as Chris jumped off his lap and offered Victor his hand. The male seemed nervous and surprised, looking to Cade who only gave him a reassuring nod. With that, he took Chris' hand and hurried to the dance floor.

"What do you think?" Cade asked once the two were on the dance floor, Victor dancing hesitantly while Chris seemed thrilled to relax and have fun.

"I agree with you, the tendencies do seem to be there. Although, I think it might only be that, tendencies. He seems far too scared to fully make the shift. It is probably best to treat him like normal, maybe just a little more sensitive if he is showing a little side. If he wants to be filled with covers and watch cartoons, then allow him that. You may simply need to avoid placing a label on him." Derek explained. Cade nodded in understanding, releasing a quiet sigh as he relaxed back into the couch.

"He is a good kid. I think I chose well this time. His ex was abusive and manipulative. His submissive side is beautiful and for that man to take advantage of it...it is absolutely disgusting. I just hope I can help him find his confidence again."