Chapter Twenty-Two

(I think this chapter does a good job describing the two's uncertain relationship and hinting at what each desires. Please share your thoughts!)

It was hard not to be excited about his first day of work. Victor hummed as he studied himself in the mirror; he was wearing a nice pair of jeans with a company shirt that had been given to him. His ginger hair had been brushed out of his face, and he did his best to look good. When there was a knock on the door, he quickly grabbed a jacket before making his way to the door.

"Yes?" He called, receiving a snort before Cade's voice came through the door. He found himself having an idiotic smile on his lips; he liked the sound of Cade's voice and how soothing it was to hear. He enjoyed being excited to see him rather than afraid.

"Open the door, foxy." Victor immediately did as told, grinning at Cade, who took in his appearance.

"You look stunning." Cade chuckled, and Victor's cheeks flushed with color, giving him a small nudge. With Shawn, compliments had been few and far in between; at least they had been outside the bedroom. Shawn had always enjoyed telling him how nice his ass was, how much he enjoyed the feel of his ass around his cock.

"Hush, I am not wearing anything special." He scolded, pushing past him to pull the apartment door shut. He locked the door with ease before grasping Cade's hand to make his way out to his car. He did not miss the tiny squeeze Cade gave to him.

"Are you excited about your first day?" Cade hummed as he opened his door for him before he slid in as well. Victor gave an eager nod as he got into his seat, buckling up as Cade did the same.

"Yes! I am really hoping I can handle the animals today. They have so many different types, like reptiles and hamsters, and they are so cute. I really do need to do my research on them as well... maybe I should join some Facebook groups for them. I hear it is a great way to find information that is accurate and best for the animals." Victor hardly seemed to realize he was rambling, and Cade did not dare to interrupt him. He enjoyed hearing the male go on his little rambles. He was clearly excited and wanted to do well at his job. It reminded him of how Aiden's precious Elijah had become when he was comfortable with Aiden. Though Victor had not nearly taken as much time to get comfortable with him. Perhaps it was because he had not been held as practically a sex slave by his own father. No, Victor had only suffered a betrayal from the one he loved.

The thought briefly had Cade wondering how such a thing had affected his poor fox. Shawn had abused him, mentally and physically. Victor had clearly loved and adored Shawn prior to the relationship becoming abusive. Victor was not against sexual acts, and he seemed to have enjoyed the date they took. He enjoyed cuddling and being coddled. Perhaps the boy was looking for more than just their contract; he hardly seemed object to them becoming more than just a BDSM relationship. It was clear that Victor would enjoy the pleasures of being in a relationship; Cade knew the boy could not possibly be ready for that yet. No, for now things would remain as they were. Just a contract where he spoiled Victor and helped him become himself again.

As they pulled up to the doors of the pet store, he leaned over and pressed a gentle kiss to his cheek.
"Pick you up at 8, correct?" He questioned him as Victor finally went quiet upon their arrival.

"Yes." He nodded and quickly pressed his lips to his in a gentle kiss. Cade's hand came up to cup the side of his neck as he responded to his kiss.

"Good luck, Vic." Cade gave a quiet chuckle and watched as he got out of the car. He remained a few moments more to ensure he safely made it into the building before he drove off to return to his own job.