i.

The clicking of shoes against the floor could be heard in the empty halls of the museum

The clicking of shoes against the floor could be heard in the empty halls of the museum. "And it'll only be for a week, are you sure you don't want to join me?"

"Well I'm sorry Freya, but you know, work is piling up, and Sprite- there's a lot of things going on for me."

Freya sighed, stopping on her track as she looked at Sersi, a colleague of hers. "I'll just make sure to get you some souvenirs then, and for Sprite and Dane too." The latter only smiled, approaching her friend before giving a bear hug, Freya happily hugging her back.

"Just remember to contact us alright? Don't get lost or anything- and please don't impulsively spend your money," Sersi laughed, looking at Freya. "I'm really going to miss you."

"Relax, it's only going to be a week." The girl pats Sersi on the shoulders with a smile. "Besides, it's beneficial for the museum, new findings and what not."

"If you find anything new."

"Aw come on, don't jinx it," complained Freya playfully. "But really, don't worry about it too much. What's the worst that could happen?"

The trip was pretty simple, Freya was supposed to meet with a team of archeologists in Peru in order to explore a few sites. The archaeologist was thrilled when Dane told her the news about the trip, it's been a while since she's been out of the area and actually digging up artifacts. To be specific, it's been five years, and during those five years she decided to teach in the museum instead.

Now with this opportunity, the girl couldn't pass it up. It was her ticket back to how things used to be. The one thing she did hope for this trip, however, was that nothing awful would happen whilst her trip continued on.

Of course, everything isn't always nice and easy.