xviii.

Let 'em say we're crazyWhat do they know?Put your arms around meBaby, don't ever let go

What do they know?
Put your arms around me
Baby, don't ever let go

nothing's gonna stop us now
by starship

That's what the cassette read, and that particular song has been stuck in her head forever.

As the song played its first verse, Freya immediately started to sing along, continuing to look through the books Druig brought with him. She wasn't pitch-perfect when it came to songs, Freya was one who just enjoyed a good karaoke.

"Wait, I know this line, I swear."

"What-"

"I remember this part, hold up," interrupted Freya, putting her hand up unconsciously, clearing her throat. Druig only watched in small laughter, how she was trying to put the words together. It was hilarious, to him at least.

"Do you even know the lyrics?" He asked jokingly, looking at Freya expectedly. Freya only gazed back at him, the same expectant look in her eyes, a simple smile, not able to hear him with the music blaring through. "I said, do you know the lyrics?!" Druig asked a little louder this time, yet Freya still stared back at him, head now tilted.

"Can't hear you!" Freya points towards the earphones sitting in her ears. "Good music collection though! It's really good." She carried on with the song, her head moving along to the beat.

Lookin' in your eyes
I see a paradise
This world that I've found is too good to be true

She mindlessly moved side to side, lip-syncing occasionally whilst making grand gestures. As if she had some microphone, Freya points her hand towards Druig, trying to get him to join along with her. He gave her a closed-lip smile, shaking his head. "I don't know the lyrics."

"What?!"

"I said I don't know th-"

"I'm just messing with you, heard you the first time!"

"I swear," he rubbed the bridge of his nose, letting out a sigh before he went back to his book.

Standin' here beside you
Want so much to give you
This love in my heart that I'm feeling for you

A quick thought came to Freya's head, all of a sudden she's up from the ground, music blaring through the earphones. Quick footsteps were made before leaning over to Druig, her hand extended to his. "What's going on?" He asked, glancing up from his book.

"Just stand, you've got to enjoy your neverending life now and then," she told him, motioning for him to grab onto her hands. Druig raised his eyebrow, looking at Freya, her hands, then back at her once more. There wasn't much of a point to put up a fight, Druig complied, sighing as he took her hands in his before hauling himself off the ground. As soon as he stood up, Freya removed the earphones from the player, the music now filling the living room with the sound of the rain, the pitter-pattering evidently seemed to go well with the song.

Let 'em say we're crazy
I don't care about that
Put your hand in my hand
Baby, don't ever look back

She sat the cassette player on the coffee table, straightening her posture right after. Druig watched as Freya carelessly took his hands into hers, watching her try to get him to dance by moving his arms side by side with hers.

His actions fell into stiffness, not knowing what to do next. This only made Freya laugh at him faintly, dropping his hands, to his dismay, whilst Freya crossed her arms. "Don't tell me you don't dance either."

"I've danced, once," Druig scoffed jokingly, mimicking her actions. "Like, five hundred years ago."

"Wow, really enlightening," she chuckled, shaking her head before clearing her throat. Freya proceeded to bow in an awfully playful manner, right hand extended to him. "Well then, may I have this dance?" She asked jokingly, looking up to him with a sly smile.

Druig shook his head in response. "Oh come o-"

"May I have this dance?" He bowed instead, with the same playful smile.

"I'm just saying, I did it better," Freya told him, though taking his hand as a response.

And we can build this dream together
Standing strong forever
Nothing's gonna stop us now

At first, they danced in some wavering manner, the uncertainty in their movements was clear. But as the song continued on, they both started to enjoy it a bit. For a moment, neither didn't seem to care about much except for the music and each other, just for the moment.

For the first time in what seemed like an eternity, Druig felt content. He felt comforted somehow, with every step and every lighthearted movement, the immortal was just living the small moment in time.

And if this world runs out of lovers
We'll still have each other
Nothing's gonna stop us
Nothing's gonna stop us now

Freya took the lead for most of the song, back and forth from singing the song out loud with a laugh or frivolous gestures. Yet she found herself having fun, even with Druig's sarcastic comments or either of the two messing up and accidentally stepping on the other's foot, she was having fun. Both just caught in the moment, the house, though empty, felt alive.

I'm so glad I found you
I'm not gonna lose you
Whatever it takes
I will stay here with you
Take you to the good times
See you through the bad times
Whatever it takes
Is what I'm gonna do

Let 'em say we're crazy
What do they know?
Put your arms around me
Baby, don't ever let go
Let the world around us
Just fall apart
Baby, we can make it
If we're heart to heart

"You still haven't proven me wrong about you dancing," Freya commented with a chuckle, Druig carelessly spinning her around as he rolled his eyes. "You'll have to come up with some lame excuse for the talent shows to reconsider."

"Could say the same for you-"

So much for not paying attention, Druig caught in his words, his foot coming across the other, causing him to trip. It all was one quick movement, his hand still with hers, unintentionally dragging her down with him. Her arms withheld her from the floor, though the latter landed on the ground.

The distance between them shocked them both, Freya wide-eyed as she stared at him, Druig staring back. The music was still playing, the rain- though trickling, still falling. "I am so sorry-"

"No don't be-" Freya tried to haul herself up hastily, in an effort to give Druig some space to get up as well. But she should've known better than to make such sudden movement, hand slipping against the floor, her lips meeting his.